Home

DF fan soundtrack 2nd version

Lundquist

Okay, so I'm finally working on a second version of my fan soundtrack, I've managed to get a sound I think is pretty good, though I also thought that about the 1st version when I made it, so I'll probably make a 3rd version some time in the future.

Anyway, all the instruments are new (except the horns and percussion not including timpani). there isn't as much reverb either, so... well, you can listen to a sample here:

http://www.angelfire.com/music4/gffrpg/01_-_Dark_Forces_Opening_titles.mp3

Obviously the beginnig isn't midi...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really? do you mean the Dark Forces theme or the main SW theme? I tried to make the DF theme more powerful this time - though I can understand it if you mean the SW theme, since the last time I used a recording of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and this this time I used the Utah Symphony - RSNO is a little bigger. I just didn't think that the RSNO recording would blend very well with the reverb I used this time around - but maybe I should try using that too and see what sounds best?

well, I thinked the DF team sounded more powerful last time, but that might be because you added your own little part beetween the SW and DF theme that i loved! it was awesome....

we discussed sometime ago and i asked if i could use your df theme, and you said yes, and here s how it turned out: http://www.kylekatarn.com

The SW team sounds like a real orchestra though... its amazing

wait wait wait! the star wars theme in the beginning IS a real orchestra - it's a recording of the Utah Symphony. I haven't sped it up though...

Naturally you can hear the difference - there is only so much you can do with those old midi - it would sound a lot better if I remade them from scratch, but I'm not going to put THAT much work into it. Also these midis only have 16 instrumenttracks, I usually get well over 50 when I make midis...

uhm, actually I'm a bit confused - the part of the transition that includes choir is still there, the part from 'SOTE' doesn't have choir, so... :confused: the part with the women Ahs are now a more soft ohs, but if you all prefer the Ahs instead I'll replace them...

Oh, btw, the damnable thing is done - since I don't have the old soundtrack anymore, I couldn't remember the tracklist or how I mixed it together, I hope the way I did it this time is... acceptable:)

ANYWHO, 16 tracks 64:51 rt

Originally posted by Lundquist

uhm, actually I'm a bit confused - the part of the transition that includes choir is still there, the part from 'SOTE' doesn't have choir, so... :confused: the part with the women Ahs are now a more soft ohs, but if you all prefer the Ahs instead I'll replace them...

Oh, btw, the damnable thing is done - since I don't have the old soundtrack anymore, I couldn't remember the tracklist or how I mixed it together, I hope the way I did it this time is... acceptable:)

ANYWHO, 16 tracks 64:51 rt

On my site there's a Choir who i couldnt hear in this version... might be me though (i cant listen to it... what has happened?)

Archived