Home

DF fan soundtrack 2nd version

Lundquist

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The full version of the demo will have a music .pk3 file. All the music will be there in mp3 format. That won't be ready until the final demo is out. I am planning on releasing the DF intro (Lucas Arts logo sound, Star Wars intro music, DF intro credits music) as a whole single entity avalible for download pretty soon (likely before the demo is out). It's virtually finished, I'm just doing some very minor tweaking and last minute mixing.

The soundtrack in the .pk3 file will be chopped into peices due to how the music is played and transitioned in game. If there is enough interest I'd be willing to make a suite version where all the music and transitions for a level play fluidly one right after the other as a separate download.

A little slow actually, first I'll have to pull myself together and complete X-Wing and Tie Fighter - after that I'll add more instruments to the df tracks, especially the woodwind section could use some more instruments, as the midfiles are now, there's usually only flute and clarinet. Adding a tuba to the brass section, and splitting the to stringensemble tracks into 1st violins 2nd violins violas celli and basses, to get a broader string sound. I may also expand some tracks, e.g. the action part of 'Crix Madine's fate' (Into the trap) always seemed a bit too mellow to me compared to the original in the movie.

Archived