Home

File Server Frustration

razorace

Ok, I'm sick of this. I've sent exactly 4 different and unique OJP distributions to BOTH massassi.net and jk2files.com and we've gotten ZERO of them posted and no response from either.

This is $%^* and I refuse to mess with it anymore. I'll continue to pack things up and post them on pcgamemods.com but I'm not going to deal with distroing everything to the other sites.

Is someone else interested in taking over this duty or are we just going to tell them where to stick it and go 100% pcgamemods?

I am willing to handle disto-ing duties, once I've finished with some more MB stuff I need to sort out.

(I know I said I had finished with that already, but it turns out there were a couple of things I missed :/ )

...anyway, that will all be sorted this week - for good this time. So then I can get properly onto OJP stuff.

Although jk2files.com is a bit of a pain in the arse, it's probably worth still sending to them at least. I've not sent anything to massassi.net before, so I'm not sure about them...

...anyway, starting next week, I'll handle distrobution if you like...

Pardon me for realizing the obvious, but you people have to realize, there is more than person running a website. You shouldn't go "omg this site sux" because the level posters didn't get around to it. Razorace, your "screw them all" attitude isn't going to help us. Massassi's former owner is revamping the site, including a self-submission setup for files. The fact is, not many people want to sit around and upload other people's files all day, so things do get missed. You should try to be a little more understanding.

I draw the line at sending in 4 seperate OJP releases and getting $%^& reborn recolors made yesterday in return.

Besides, I can do whatever I want since I'm the one doing the work. If you want to handle submissions to jk2files/massassi.net/Lucasfiles/etc, be my guest.

That's the whole point of this thread.

EDIT: The point is that I'm going to let someone else take care of it before I flip out, send angry emails to those sites, and go exclusively with pcgamemods.com.

AND it's their own fault for not posting stuff when they refuse to take on volenteers for file posters.

Pardon me for realizing the obvious, but you people have to realize, there is more than person running a website. You shouldn't go "omg this site sux" because the level posters didn't get around to it.

I realise this, and I'm sorry if I came across overly critical. I understand that what they aim to do (review every single submission before they put it up) is a time consuming task - so I understand the delay compared to other sites.

I do, however, think they could have a slightly different system. For example, why not do a standard, basic check and get the file up and avaliable for download BEFORE they do the review? (Initially, it can just have a 'Review not yet avaliable' or something...).

Phunk: ok, great. So what is left to be done for MB?

Most of it is class balance tweaking and bug fixes at this stage. Just keeping the various MB player factions happy. (Yeap - believe it or not, MB still has a relatively small, but very active community...)

Hey RenegadeOfPhunk, if you want me to work on that Droid. I'd like to take a look at it soon so as to make a bone structure for it and begin animating. Also I'll need a list of rules for it so as to cut down on any extra work. Like how many attacks, can it strafe, etc. etc. It obviously can't use a saber right?

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

Most of it is class balance tweaking and bug fixes at this stage. Just keeping the various MB player factions happy. (Yeap - believe it or not, MB still has a relatively small, but very active community...)

Cool. Are you planning on doing MB for JKA as well or are you moving onto something else?

Personally, I'm doing as much of my MotF stuff as OJP material and the rest will go into MotF ( which will be OJP based). I still have dibs on the saber combat system. :D

Cool. Are you planning on doing MB for JKA as well or are you moving onto something else?

I'm going to port it over to JKA and then extend it. MB 2 is being planned as we speak...

Personally, I'm doing as much of my MotF stuff as OJP material and the rest will go into MotF ( which will be OJP based).

I hope to do the same thing with MB 2 - although I'm not sure how many of the features I have planned will be sutiable or accepted into the OJP. Unlike others, I have no problem with altering ANY gameplay mechanic I deem nessesary in order to get the mod playing how I want it to run. i.e. I will go ahead and change stuff which more seasoned JKII / JKA players see as 'un-changeable'.

..if that attitude had been held for other games like QIII, HL etc. - none of the best mods in existance would ever have been made...

My attitude to MB is to make essentially a new game - but using the existing 'building blocks' of JKII / JKA (& OJP :) ) as a base.

I still have dibs on the saber combat system.

I have no problem with that :) I think it's fair to say you had a greater grasp of the saber system in JKII than I ever managed to (whether because of time spent investigating it, or coding ability - heh - I'll let you decide...) - and this will probably be the same in JKA.

...however, I would hope that I can work with you on it in some capacity. Once I am done with MB 1.4, I will try and get more involved in the discussions going on here - especially the saber combat brainstorming...

Keshire,

If you can start work on the animations we have discussed, that woudl be great :)

..and since this work would almost certainly end up going into the OJP, it's on topic I guess.

...so no, the Droideka can't hold a lightsaber. (At least for MB. If we were to plan it for the OJP as well though, I think we may want to keep it in - at least as a possibility...)

I would like to be able to make it strafe if possible, although this depends if we can get it looking natural enough.

Also, when the droideka is firing, the arms should go back and forth, like they do in the movies.

...and also, if we can get the droideka to fold into the roll shape and fold out again - that would be bloody fantastic :D

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

...however, I would hope that I can work with you on it in some capacity. Once I am done with MB 1.4, I will try and get more involved in the discussions going on here - especially the saber combat brainstorming...

That would be great. The whole point of OJP is to work together to get the best system possible. :)

Well, everything that I have seen from OJP submitted to Lucasfiles has been tested and posted. That includes teh basics, skins, vehicles, and the other, cant remember it though, but it was similar to basics. The skin was nice since some people were asking why we couldnt pick the Hoth uniform as an outfit.

Archived