Home

Interesting patch....

Kryn Dreith

I have heard good and bad about this, but one thing stands out to me: the textrue error that one of my friends had after installing the patch. I'm just curious if this has been an issue for anyone else... where a lot of textures (skyboxes, grasses, etc.) simply go to the checkered box thing. Comments, anyone?

Note, mods, I'm not asking for a solution; this does belong here in the reg. forums.

I had that problem before the patch.

Tell your friendto try re-install, re-patch, re-start.

If that still doesn't work clear all config and save files files , if you can, then re-install again.

Honestly don't know where the problem stems from, but like I said I had it before the patch on the Yavin levels. . :giveup:

The only real things that annoyed me about the patch are the following:

1) Rolls are harder to do (in multiplayer at least). This more negatively affects non Jedi (in Siege and Jedi vs. Merc) than anything.

2) Cheating is somewhat harder (by this I mean you don't get to use devmapall anymore and devmap doesn't work sometimes). People have also reported that the "saber stance cycle bug" continues to recure when cheating to give yourself more saber stances.

Otherwise, all of the changes are welcome... more servers, fewer exploits, fewer bugs, more stability, and most of all no gameplay changes (other than rolls)!

All of the "little improvements" from the demo are in, and those things just help polish the game a little better.

Sure it would have been nice to have more improvements like true Bot Support in Siege, improved bot routes and a few missing things (the choke hold grapple in MP, the cartwheel sounds), but overall the patch is a definate improvement.

And there's really no reason NOT to upgrade. You can always get the "JA Patch Commander" that was fan made so that you can go back to the original version if you really really want to. I say give the patch a try. You may like it!

Sounds good to me. I'll have my friend do that; it seems to be something wierd in the game not picking up textures. And for him, it's every stinking MP map that has at least some missing texture. Which I thought was pretty wierd... It's not like they all use the same textures.

I'm definitely getting the patch, once I get my game privileges back... I think I can deal with the whole rolling thing; it's not that big of a deal (except for the roll-and-stab move, which is easy to dodge anyway...)

All of the "little improvements" from the demo are in, and those things just help polish the game a little better.

Kurgan, if thats the case, then (you probably know about this) but i was playing the demo with the iknowkungfu cheat, and i did the flip kick, just got close to the enemy and jumped, and jaden flip kicked him (i think)

is this old news? im going to look stupid if this has been known about all along :o

I've heard a lot of ppl gripe about the patch, but it's done some good things for me. I know that all of the servers still do not show up, but I have gone from showing only 5 or so to 50 now, that's allright in my book. Also I had a problem with any texture that used "the Dynamic Glow" had these ugly, bright edge lines in them. Installing the patch fixed that for me, we just have to remember that this probably won't be the last patch, it'll get better. Some things I'd like to see in the next patch are:

make JO maps compatible with JA: there's a lot of cool maps for JA that I wish I could play JA, beside's Raven assured us that the maps would be compatible.

Kicks: I know this is a heated topic, but I miss all the cool combos that kicking would allow like : grip, kick, DFA. There really are'nt very many ways to set up good combos in JA.

Originally posted by SpaceButler13

Two of the consoles in the bespin duel map are just blank gray boxes with white borders for me now. Something about having a lightmap but no stage I think. Is that what's happened to otehr people?

And I guess that has nothing to do with the patch. I bet you recently installed the Matrix Reloaded map. It overwrites the original bespin.shader supplied by game assets.

Sorry Luke, yeah, us 1337 ch33t3rz (heh) have known about the flip kicks since the demo.

It works with all saber types and fists and works the same way as it did in JK2.

G_debugmelee 1 enables the extended Melee moves (grapples and staff style kicks), infinite wall grab time AND the flip kicks.

You don't need the "iknowkungfu" cheat, that's just an easier way to do it. Though I hear that iknowkungfu also maxes out your force powers (haven't tested it myself). Of course iknowkungfu (like setforceall #) doesn't work in MP, even with cheats enabled (so you have to use g_debugmelee 1 instead).

The only thing is, as far as I can tell it's SINGLE PLAYER ONLY.

Ditto for the patch as with 1.0.

Originally posted by Imperial_thug

Kicks: I know this is a heated topic, but I miss all the cool combos that kicking would allow like : grip, kick, DFA.

Yeah, but I'm sure most people (I think) would like to see them come back, or atleast in the form of a toggable option.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Otherwise, all of the changes are welcome... more servers, fewer exploits, fewer bugs, more stability, and most of all no gameplay changes (other than rolls)!

That too.

The thing I mostly liked about the patch was the Staff kicks. Now it is easier to kick, a bit buggy still (I kick people sometimes without them even being affected by it, it just goes straight through).

What I always hate is how atleast 3-4 people mix into a fight, and sparks fly like CRAZY, and suddenly you find yourself dead. That's not a bug, but just saying it annoys me ;)

I'm also glad they didn't put in the old JK2 kicks, those turned the game into a damn Matrix game. I tried playing Jk2 a few days ago, and it was the same -- people never even use the saber, they mostly kick and kick you. If I want to kick people in a cool way, I play Enter the Matrix. :cool:

I forgot about that, in SP you have to give weaponnum 14, and weapon 14 (bound to a key) to give yourself Melee in the first place, AND have g_debugmelee 1 on to use the other moves.

But at least it won't mess up your force powers as iknowkungfu seems to. But whatever floats your boat! ; )

Archived