Home

JediStarFighter

Aaron Smith

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I've got the shaders taken care of, the r4 is properly bolted on(beeps squeeks and everything), got the effects worked out(exhaust/turbo/weapons). Every one who has tested it seems happy with the way it handels. unfortunitly it has no landing gear, I may add them incase someone wants to use it as a map model, but the starfighters body isn't thick enough to hide the gear in the up position so the flyable version will simply have the gear surffed off. I also haven't been able to get the new HUDs to work, so thats pretty much all thats left.

While I'm gabbing here should this vehicle be a little tougher than the tie fighter and X wing are? I personaly think the other ships explode way to easily. Please give me some input on this.

I think not. The Jedi Starfighter is the early version of the A-Wing, which, as we may remember, is VERY delicate. Due to the way it is structering, though, I think it would be very hard to make it malfunction....well, there is my $0.02.

I think the Starfighter should be fast, agile with good stearing. As for armor, since it is fast armor should be lower than an X-wing. For weapons, a simple boost for alt-fire and a homing blaster would do for fire, just make the power average.

the shield display and reticles of the HUD are very easy to make. They need to be .tga's and white with a transparent background, meaning no background. You need front, left, right, and back images for the shield display and I believe they should be 128 X 128 if I remember right. then you need one of the whole ship and I think that one was 32 X 32 (very small), that's how you'll appear on the radar. I think the reticle should also be 32 X 32. I'm not a hundred percent sure about the sizes at the moment, just look at the ones in the game already to double check. The white .tga will not be white in game (except for the reticle), the game will automatically re-color them based on how much damage you've taken or whether you're friendly or and enemy on the radar.

Archived