Home

University Pigskin

Clefo

Time of year again, where someone gets pissed off at the way that the NCAA decides its Football championship, and boy SOMEONE will get pissed this year.

Me? I'll get pissed if Oklahoma is involved in any way with the Sugar Bowl, because they can't even win their own conference, so why should they play for the National Championship? Its like two years ago when Nebraska got P-whipped by Colorado in the last game of the season, didn't get to the Big-12 championship game, and still finished ahead of Colorado AND Oregon, more deserving teams, to get to the championship.

Post your thoughts here.

Well, I my priorities shouldn't be here right now, but right now I'm more concerned with the Heisman runnings. White just has a good supporting cast. Great line, great receiving corps. Yadda, yadda. I'd like to see how good he does when he plays for a team like Ole Miss. I'd much rather see either Chris Perry or Eli Manning win the Heisman cause I think both of them deserve it more so than White.

I'll also of course be quite upset if Okie gets in any way involved in the Sugar Bowl given that K State kinda ran them over... but I'm not as worried about that. They're after all still a really good team.

I'm just kinda miffed that USC and LSU won. I wanted my Wolvies to sneak into the National Championship game, but oh well. Another year, another BCS muck-up. Why should we be surprised? I knew they would screw it up when Oklahoma got pummeled by K. State. Hell, I knew it before then.

I mean...I just don't get it...how in the HECK did LSU get in? They were #3 ranked in BCS beforehand and both teams won...I just don't get it...because doesn't their score of quality wins actually go DOWN when they beat Georgia since they had already beaten them? *shrug* too weird for me...

According to a random ESPN.com columnist: The fact that Syracuse beat Notre Dame and Boise State beat Hawaii lowered USC's "Strength of schedule" rating, which allowed LSU to pass them.

I could only WISH I was making this up.

yep...the fact that Hawaii lost alone was enough to lower the strength .2...and they only lost out by .16

sucks...not saying that LSU doesn't diserve a shot, but the #1 team in the polls is not going to get a full national championship if they keep winning...I kinda wish Michigan would just beat USC in that game so there wouldn't be bitterness...but we'll see.

Archived