Home

One with the Force? **SPOILERS**

Speedy_Lube

***SPOILER TIME***

Okay I remember a long time ago before Episode 1 came out and I stopped caring about Star Wars nobody could figure out why Qui-Gon Jinn wouldn't disappear. Malak was talking at the end about how he didn't let the Jedi become one with the Force.

I might have missed something since I haven't been to a Star Wars board (besides this one) in 4 years, but isn't this kinda new? I mean unless there is an episode 3 spoiler, isnt this kind of interesting to anybody? I am thinking now that maybe in Episode 1 Palpatine wouldnt let Qui-Gon Jinn join the Force?

A good catch and an interesting theory. I like it.

Still, the term 'becoming one with the Force' has always been incredibly vague. I personally would also think that 'becoming one with the Force' means doing that good old dissapearing trick, but that has never been a proven fact. The way Malak is talking, 'becoming one with the Force' could mean anything, and the way I see it, his definition is it simply means that you are dead. The Jedi whom he had captured were pretty much in a state that they were as good as dead, but due to the power of the Star Forge, they just couldn't die/become one with the Force and thus, he could still exploit the Force power within them.

Note that if you use lightsaber throw on the machines that hold them alive, they simply slip out of the machine and Malak can't use their power anymore(thus, they've become one with the Force, so to speak). But they do not fade away.

Still, your theory is a very interesting one. Malak did not let them become one with the Force because he could exploit the life Force still within them... what would Palpatine gain?

Burrie, sorry I didnt say it, but yea I was was referring to the dissapearing thing. I would assume that was what Malak was talking about. I really couldnt think of anything else!

I guess what Palpatine might be gaining is one less powerful Jedi to help other Jedi, the way Obi Wan did in the other movies. Still, I have to believe they got some inside info or they wouldn't have included that in the game. Ever since the prequels started I have read that they are going to decent lengths to make sure there is continuity between the movies and the games and books.

I hope that is true it would make sense of that (finally!) and be very cool.

I think Qui Gon Jinn had already become "One with the Force". During SW:AOTC, when Anakin was slaughtering those Sand People, Yoda heard voices form Qui Gon Jinn said " Anakin! No!"...

Or maybe he became partially with the Force since he did not appear in a "physical force form" and his body did not vanish...Well maybe SW EIII will explain it all?

theforce.net tends to be full of very bitchy people who leap on you if you ask simple questions regarding the star wars mythos.

From what I have read, "Becoming one with the force" is allowing yourself to be taken by death. Much like Obi Wan in ANH, and Yoda in Jedi, thus they disappear. But saying that, Liam Neeson will be appearing in EPIII as a ghost so they must change it lol

Archived