Home

Single Saber, Strong Style

Chuahtemoc

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

It's very rare to see the Yellow DFA used now, hm. Oh well, who cares? It's a SPECIAL. Specials should never be a main mode of attack, their name says it all.

With this, I agree, but I also want to say that I've been seeing all too many people spamming single saber katas, as well. Contrary to popular belief, the single saber Strong style Kata is possibly the second-most powerful move in the game (the first, of course, being the rollstab/backstab/anything stab).

I have recently seen a single saber player use a still Kata against a dual saber butterfly and kill the butterflier, on more than one occasion. I thought the only way to do it was to rollstab or grip-whore the person, but apparently, this works too. I tried it myself with all three stances, but seeing as I am not a bonafide king of the stand-still-and-spam-one-move technique, I only got one kill on a butterflying person. And it was in Strong stance.

I saw this guy perform the kata a number of times (there were like three people who had dual sabers and just butterfly spammed the whole time, so he had great oppurtunities) and he was consistent with his ability to kill those m'er f'ers. I was surprised, at first I did think he was cheating, but when I got my own chance to fight him, I found out that he was a decent player, whom, with a bit of the Force, I could kill.

The Verdict: My own perceptions have been widened directly as a result of bearing witness to the skill of the single Strong Saber Kata. This was pretty much to bring it to the public's attention. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Yes, it's also very helpful in duels, so long as you don't spam it. Because if you do, you get killed.

Thats the one thing that irritates me, everytime during a duel, ppl will just go in front of you and spam it. Lunge too. :mad: And dont forget about the dual saber barrier.

It's unfair to accuse single-saber users of spamming kata's. (well, on a few occasions).

The worst is dual or staff. They are the spammiest of all IMO.

These have the advantage of parrying more effectively and leaving people open. Plus people who use them just have to keep the attack button pressed.

I find that people who use single sabers are probably the most accomplished players out there.

*shrugs* Can't really elaborate on that.....

Well, I can use all the sabers(staff, duals, single) all very well, it helps to be able to use all effectively. For example, there is a very good single saberist, anf I can take him down with a staff, because its quicker, never do the BF, unless its a killing blow:) Duals, are almost the same, but they are better when you do the left-right-left-right.

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Pfft, saber barrier!? Its the most worthless move, you can get lunged very easy. :)

yeah but if you're lucky you'll kill the guy who is trying to lunge you even when he is crouching a not in front of you. :p Happend to me in a middle of an FFA

Archived