Home

No CD patch For Academy (no more like this please!)

Plowan

My Friend was telling me about something called a NO CD patch for Computer games. He said you can download them off the net and this way you won't have to have the CD anymore to run the game. I am wanting to go buy the game and do this so I can let my Friend borrow my game. This way we can play each other. IS there a NO CD patch out there yet for Jedi Academy. Also

I ahve never done this, but is it this easy to do.

Thanks for any help

Yeah tread carefully, NOCD patches are legal (ignore the ranters on here who say otherwise) as long as you bought the game and use it yourself to prevent wear and tear on the CD. However what you're saying would consitute an illegal activity so I wouldn't post about it again, you can always lie and say it's for personal use :p But you've said otherwise now.

The alternative people seem to totally not mind though is copying the CD bit for bit....even though you could then give a working copy to a friend - I AM allowed to say that because the original purpose is for back-up...strange how people think that's legal even though you can literally give a free JA cd away.

Anyhow, JA+NOCD patch = "illegal response from server" or some other packet bug, basically the NOCD screws up packet transmission so you can rarely play online for long with it.

Needless to say, asking for CD Cracks is against the rules, and Raven, LA or us can provide no tech support if/when your crack stops working or gives you problems.

If you still want to look for cracks and use them, that's your business, but such posts have no place on our forums.

Thread Closed.

Archived