Home

What admin mod do you use? (*if any*)

mark_ahlers

I am reseaching admin mods for my server. What admins mods do you use and why? How do they run/perform? I am nervous about testing different admin mods due to the fact if they are unstable, it will affect gameplay. My needs are as follows:

1.IP Loggin upon connection

2. The ability to view IP Addresses while connected to the server (Same thing as /rcon status)

3. Multiple Line Motd

4. Something not too complicated that I have to figure out how it works.

Thanks in advance :)

I use Jedi Academy Mod 1.4 on my JKII:JO FFA-CTF server (very similar to Jedi Academy Reloaded 1.2 by the same author) and xMod 2.2 on 2 of my Jedi Academy servers. Jedi Academy Reloaded and xMod2 are the best and only ones worth considering, in my opinion. Both meet your minimum requirements. xMod2 is a little more complex because of the many options, but it has some unique features. Jedi Academy Reloaded does everything you require and more, and is a little simpler because it has fewer options. Download both, read the readme files, and go to the websites:

Jedi Academy Reloaded

xMod2

Originally posted by gothicX

There are good admin mods? Woah..

Well, I would necessarily cal XMod2 an admin mod. I don't run a server so I don't know all that it adds in that department, but as a player it alters the gameplay a fair bit. IMO, I would say that it caters more to the players than admins.

Perhaps an admin using XMod2 would care to comment...

An admin mod is any mod that adds adminning features to the game.

Since the built in "admin" features of the game are Rcon, anything that adds to this is rightly called an "admin mod" (slider is the only person yet to resist this label, though his JA+ mod clearly fits the profile).

Some admin mods change core gameplay, others don't.

The fact is that all the changes in Xmod2 can be toggled on or off (most are off by default) so even then...

I don't use an admin mod, but if I were to choose one, so far the best choice for me would be Xmod2, but I admit, the vast majority of the features I wouldn't have a use for.

Originally posted by Kurgan

An admin mod is any mod that adds adminning features to the game.

Since the built in "admin" features of the game are Rcon, anything that adds to this is rightly called an "admin mod" (slider is the only person yet to resist this label, though his JA+ mod clearly fits the profile).

Some admin mods change core gameplay, others don't.

The fact is that all the changes in Xmod2 can be toggled on or off (most are off by default) so even then...

I won't argue with that :)

I ended up installing JAR (forget which version). Everything seems to be working well except for not being able to figure out the admin gun. It doesn't bother me since I don't need to teleport, grant admin rights, etc. I can still kick via the console and log ips' life it good. :-)

The best thing about having a No Rules Sever is there are no rules to enforce :D

Archived