Home

Spreading the word about fists

woodenstool

They may not be the most effective weapon, but they are the most fun. The cool thing about them are the throws. They are the most humiliating way to get killed by, even more humiliating than getting beat by a pistol when you have a saber. You have to see it to believe it.

For those of you that don't know, you can use fists if you assign no force points to the saber. And to perform one of two different throws, you simply click both attack buttons at the same time. You will do this weird, almost taunting, punch. By itself, it's completely useless, but if you click either forward or backwards, if the enemy is touching your punching hand, you will perform the coolest move in the game. One thing to add is that you may only perform the throw if the server has g_debugmelee on.

That's about it. So use those fists! And don't lame the lightning! And if you're facing an enemy who IS laming the lightning, use absorb and mind trick his a$$! Or use lightning as well! Or use that third fist of yours known as grip! (speaking on behalf of all those who hate lightning ) (Personally, I think using a whole bunch of lightning is fine)

Originally posted by woodenstool

Sure it's been known, since the beginning, but does anybody use it? Barely. I've been to many ffas and most, if not all, of them have no one who uses the fists. Of course they suck as a weapon ( you get so little kills), but they are fun to use.

debugmelee is very popular on my servers. I even had a debugmelee-only server for awhile a month or two ago. There were no weapons and lightsaber damage was 0, so it forced everyone to use only punches, kicks and throws.

Yeah, Debugmelee 1 rules, I use it on my server all the time. ; )

Hey Amidala, what settings do you use to make it Melee only? I know about setting the saber damage to 0 or super low, but how to disable the saber altogether? My guess was to disable saberattack/defense/throw but I've never tried it to be sure.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yeah, Debugmelee 1 rules, I use it on my server all the time. ; )

Hey Amidala, what settings do you use to make it Melee only? I know about setting the saber damage to 0 or super low, but how to disable the saber altogether? My guess was to disable saberattack/defense/throw but I've never tried it to be sure.

I actually tried but couldn't disable the saber completely, either with g_forcepowerdisable to disable saber offense, defense, and throw, or with g_weapondisable. So I just set g_saberdamagescale 0, making the lightsaber essentially useless (almost as weak as the JK2 1.04 sabers, LOL, j/k).

It was funny, someone new would show up on the server where a bunch of people were punching and kicking each other. They would whip out their lightsaber, figuring they could just run amok among the unarmed crowd. Then they would become very confused when they would keep hitting someone with their lightsaber and the victim wouldn't die. You would hear someone cry out "Kill the saberist!" and a swarm of unarmed players (usually jawas) would surround the hapless saberist and bludgeon him to death.

Archived