Home

Game performance question

Tennz

i don't have the best comp in the world but for some reason the game keeps skipping real bad when i make it to a new area(like walking into the next room), i look at the specs and it said 256 ram and 64 mb vid card will do?( i don't know about the vid card i have crappy gforce 2/mx) any ideas why?

Well, if you have a crappy video card, it's not really difficult to imagine why the game runs badly, is it? I'm sorry if you didn't say you have a crappy video card. It was a little hard to understand; I would suggest you take your time to add periods and capital letters and the like. ;)

well, he used commas and question marks. what more could you need? :)

as far as i'm concerned anything that does not consist of slang, and im speak is okay with me. you don't want to capitalize; want overuse elipses....trade a smeicolon for a period, go ahead.

just don't call anyone g-funky fresh pimp daddy, and tell him lol lmao imho l8r. peace out. now that's annoying.

as far as the video card issue, the last time i bought a new card for something like this, it turned out i needed a new cd player as my optic lens had gone bad. video cards have alot longer life than you think. though if you're using a geforce2 you might at least want to shell out the 30 bucks for a geforce3.

so its my grapix card? i guess i can get a new card this weekend or just wait till my new comp is builded and also could it be something elses causeing the game to skip it dosent just normally skip i mean it skips real bad like having 800 ping on a multiplayer game thats how bad it skipped. my card did meet the minimum system requiements(64mb)

The minimum requirements printed on the game box should be taken with a pinch of salt. Quite often, it's not worth playing the game on the minimum system, as it takes away to much of the game enjoyment, like in your case with lagging.

if all that is important to you is eyecandy, yeah maybe. i agree that it's nice to see the game the way it was meant to be played(which is why i buy nvidia:)) but i would never buy a new computer system for the sole purpose of playing a video game.

however, if the you only have the minimum system requirements it could be a sign that it's time to upgrade.

i'm using a Dell Precsion 650 with dual Pentium 2.4 Xeons, 1 GB of RAM, and an Nvidia QuadroFX 1000. so needless to say i have little probelms with anything. but the system was purchased for design purposes, not for playing a 50 dollar game.

I don't know what's with mine,but with default options my KotOR runs fine in 800*600 with my GF2MX400.I fulfill all of the game's requirements except for RAM and video card,those were yellow,fortunately.My game crashes no more than 10 times(I counted!!).

Archived