Home

Are the DEVs looking in this Forum?

Tatoo

There is alot of post about good and bad things about this game and I feel sometimes that it would be good if the devs saw the posts.

Do anyone know if they are looking at the posts we are posting on this forum? Are they suppose to do it. How does it work?

Guest DarthMaulUK

On the official forums, you can't post anything bad about the game as they ban you.

And those of you who do not own the game, cant login to the official forums, unless you buy the game!

DMUK

lol! Do they ban you? WTF! That sucks. Is everyone on SOE children that can't take any criticism? I mean they really should read all the bad stuff or stuff that can be changed to the better. I've never registered my self to the official forum. I like this forum here and I don't like the way SOE only let the owners of the game be able use the official forum.

Bah!

Hmmm, I'm not sure that is entirelly correct what DMUK says. If you've ever been to the official forums you would quickly understand why people get banned over there.

Hell, I'd ban half of those gits if they ever behaved the same way over here as they do over there. :D

It's a madhouse there, and the GAT'ers (General Any Topic) used to be the worst of the bunch. There even used to be a forum war between the GAT and the GSW (General Star Wars).

Old GSW'er by the way. ;)

The reason why SOE has enforced strict guidelines on the Official Forums, is the fact that there were many trolls and whiners not knowing when to keep their holes shut.

While they screamed the loudest, they were the minority. The ones enjoying the game/noncomplainers either mocked them and/or ignored them.

But it got very annoying seeing 10 threads about how SWG sucks (most of them by the same person), I'm glad SOE enforced such strict guidelines. However, I would appreciate it if they allowed some constructive and civilized critism (typo?).

Guest DarthMaulUK

Maybe they should open a whiners forum...they need one.

Right now Im trying to get back my money from them after cancelling my account. I still had 2 months left but wont refund it because ' I might want to return to the game'.

When I have moaned about this game, I have always been constructive and was so on the official forum. I got slapped with a ban because I was unhappy with their excuse for the problems I was having - which I have discovered what it is.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

hehe.

I am indeed. oh and good at it ;-)

Ive even spoken to Hayden Blackman about Galaxies a couple of months back and I am sure we can get a Q&A going with him later in the year, if the guys here fancy setting it up with the community here and I will pass on the questions.

I do have alot of contact with Lucasarts, not for Galaxies (as I cant stand it) but for a couple of their titles plus a new one I am soooo looking forward to!

DMUK

Back to the original Q of this thread.

To which I say: NO. Otherwise someone would be accused of having some sense, and be accused of attempting to apply it to the game.

I have also decided that, having both the time to play it and the money to pay for it, it would be downright hypocritical of me to quit the game altogether as others have done.

UK residents be damned...for I am one. And as long as my connection remains more reliable than others in the US itself, and I continue to have Fun, I shall keep playing. EQ's LDoN will still be waiting for me every midnight when my usual group decides to delve into the undead realms beneath Mistmoore.

To anyone else who has yet to buy the game, I say: Wait for the space expansion. Otherwise: buy. Play. Enjoy. Whether you're a Jedi smeghead or not.

Archived