Home

Oh man... this is the point of no return

Sherack Nhar

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

As for HK-47, I don't think he needs any character development 'cause he's just a droid. A sidequest with him would be...weird.

[...]

Anyway, the character development is already tremendous so I guess askin for more would be pretty impossible...until KOTOR2 :D

HK-47 does have character development o_o Didn't you try to restore his memory? It's just too bad that it stops after the big plot twist.

You can always ask for more. I've seen games where the character development was better, so why not kotor too? :D

Originally posted by Siv

i'm on my second game and this time i'm doing it darkside style. i keep feeling guilty about some if the stuff you have to do. its hard to keep doing evil things. :D

Wuss...hehe :p

I somehow found it fun to do those things and hard to keep being nice to people...especially when they were overly whiney about needing help.

Esp the geezer in the underworld (forget his name) that had been searching for his father's & grandfather's journals forall his life and couldn't find them, you walk around the sewers for 20 mins and have 'em all. didn't look very hard, didja? I would understand a little more if they'd all been protected by the rancor, but nope, most were near the surface and I assume that only the rakgouls were there for that long a time (piggies, aka Gammorreans, came later).

well i've finished now both light and dark... the darkside ending is cool.

its quite amusing killing people for no reason whatsoever, like they say "hello" and you reply " i don't like your tone" and then slice them up. :D

i can't wait for KOTOR2

Sherack- I thought you were more talking about sidequest and trying to restore Hk-47's memory is not available to every kind of character. You need one hell of a a repair skill to be able to restore it.

Anyway...

I was expecting the Imperial March for the darkside ending. That would have been so great. Or maybe the victory theme at the end of ANH for the light side ending. That would be sooo great...

Sherack- I thought you were more talking about sidequest and trying to restore Hk-47's memory is not available to every kind of character. You need one hell of a a repair skill to be able to restore it.

Anyway...

I was expecting the Imperial March for the darkside ending. That would have been so great. Or maybe the victory theme at the end of ANH for the light side ending. That would be sooo great...

You need 17 in repair to manually restore his memory, though it will automatically be restored when HK learns who you are.

And yeah, no Imp March was disappointing...

Originally posted by Darth Homer

What do you get if you repair HK's memory before the plot twist? PM me the info or spoiler it.

Anyway, I dump almost all of my points into wisdom-related options to gain more force points.

You learn about all the owners that he had after Revan was captured. He's had something like three of them... four including the one that you buy him from. These are hilarious moments and I really recommend that you make him talk about it during your next playthrough :D

BTW, I never had any problems repairing his memory; It was always successful!

And even as a scout I don't really need such a high repair skill...That's the problem.

The benifits of repairing him are well worth the cost of high repair. And seriously, the only skill you need is perhaps heal, until you get your force powers. Persuade is useful sometimes, but you can also just use force persuade (it will not work on Jedi (you know who I'm talking about), but the skill itself is not a must). So if you plan to use HK (i.e. everytime you exit the Ebon), it's worth pumping repair.

Actually the repair skill only affects the damaged droids and other non NPC droids. HK has its own repair skill independant from yours.

Persuade is quite useful in early game and even in long run, nevertheless, a persuade skill of about 15 is more then enough(shouldn't be hard to get there if you're a scoundrel).

Actually the repair skill only affects the damaged droids and other non NPC droids. HK has its own repair skill independant from yours.

With "repairing him" I meant upgrading him :o

As for persuade, in the early game you can just speak again to the NPC until you succeed. Also,

Juhani can be converted without using persuade at all

. Anyway, once I get force persuade I use it all the time instead of normal persuades. I only toss a couple in the skill for B.

Originally posted by another_trooper

I did it with the abusive use of bizarre answers to her questions,

oh and thank you D54 for NOT giving me the credit for this amazing discovery ( :rolleyes: )

Errr... lets say I would have found it myself on my 5th or 6th run through the game :)

@ Luke : You said persuade was very useful in the early game. I was just saying that you didn't need it for this particular quest.

As for the cash, you just have to race non-stop or to get high bids while playing pazaak (the guy on Yavin gives you 750 IIRC).

Archived