Home

Texture tutorial?????

MasterSidious

Here's some tutorials from the master himself, evillair

http://www.planetquake.com/hfx/tutorials.html

Texture tutorials specific to game content is difficult to find but there are some out there you just have to search. The web graphics tutorials can teach you a lot so don't neglect them.

The best way is to get a book on creating textures for games. I got one over the summer and I learned a lot.

No, sorry I should have said that I had already made a texture in photoshop but want I can't figure out is how I make it a .jpg or something so that I can actually use it as a texture, so I have two questions:

1. How do I make a photoshop 7.0.1 picutre into a .jpg (or a file extension that can be used as a texture)

2. Where do I put the file (in which directory) so I could actually use the texture and see it on one of my custom maps

What?? That's simple! File>>Save As and choose the file format you want from the list box, name the picture and hit the save button. For game content the size of the picture must be of the power of 2 example 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 etc....

Go to the textures folder in the base directory and make a new folder and put your picture in it.

Archived