Home

Conquer the Galaxy - SWGB2

Darth Windu

Windu-

1-So? What does it have to do with your "political" center? The political center was taken.

2-It had been bombed, yes, but not been destroyed or taken. Taken that into consideration, Berlin was wiped out of the map...

3-???

saberhagen

That's actually a good idea. It's original, and since you don't start on the same planet everytime you play a particular civ, its got more replayability. But then the purists won't be happy...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well being Lord of the Purists you may or may not have noticed the attitude I'm taking towards this:

The Republic can fight the Empire.

Ergo

Things ain't entirely realistic.

I think in gameplay terms it would be wise to have a random starting planet. I say this because I've just recently gotten hold of RoN, on which Windu's idea is entirely based. The problem with Conquer the World is that it suffers from the same problem that the game Risk upon which it is based did: if you are a certain country, the geographic location you start in can have advantages and disadvantages. For example some nations start bordering each other, while others are off by themselves so they can take a few territories without having to fight anyone. With random starting locations this could be fixed, though.

Sure it would be weird if you're playing the Gungans and you start on Tatooine, but it's all for fun, so I don't think anyone is going to care too much.

Oh and Windu, Geonosis IS a political center. Perhaps you've forgotten that the Dooku's treaty was signed there? If Geonosis isn't a political center, I don't know what is.

Someone by the name of oback in the "SWGB2: Should it mix ground and space battles" thread suggested that the civs start from "motherships" - though to make it more StarWarsy I'd suggest calling them flagships. This would be ships like the Executor for the Imperials, Home One for the Rebels, and ships like a Droid Control Ship for the Federation/Separatists and a Republic Assault Ship for the Republic. Perhaps that's a good analogy to take? Though on second thoughts it really wouldn't make sense that you can't move around...

Archived