Home

Anyone know how to change the colors of JA Models?

Igotskeelz

Chances are he was using one of the custom skins. Besides the skins that are normally selectable in the Profile screen, there are some that are accessable through the use of the model command in console. If you open I believe it is assets1.pk3 with WinZIP or any archive program that can read a .pk3 format, there is a list of all models and skins in that .pk3. If you want to use that skin, bring down console (SHIFT + ~), and type the following.

model model/skin

For example, to get access to the Lannik Racto skin, it would be

model human_merc/racto

I think that's how it went... It's been a while since I went digging.

I'm not very familular with the whole custom parts so excuse me if i'm completely off-topic, but maybe he's chosen a blackish suit, and made the custom color black by doing the three commands..

char_color_red 256

char_color_blue 256

char_color_green 256

If you're admin where he plays then try /rcon dumpuser "name",the name must be correct (i tryed client id's with this cmd and it does'nt work)and it will show you the command he used for the model he's using.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Chances are he was using one of the custom skins. Besides the skins that are normally selectable in the Profile screen, there are some that are accessable through the use of the model command in console. If you open I believe it is assets1.pk3 with WinZIP or any archive program that can read a .pk3 format, there is a list of all models and skins in that .pk3. If you want to use that skin, bring down console (SHIFT + ~), and type the following.

model model/skin

For example, to get access to the Lannik Racto skin, it would be

model human_merc/racto

I think that's how it went... It's been a while since I went digging.

Are there more of these Code's to do. if so can please give some more Examples ?

Nope it was Ravens' Trandoshan model, but the pilot suit was changed to black using the same black as the custom char command(char_color_blue 256, char_color_red 0, char_color_green 0). I could see it. It wasnt the custom chars. It was a non-custom char. Plus he said its do-able, but just wouldnt tell me. So there seems to be a way to customize colors with the Raven models (i.e. Luke, Kyle, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived