Home

patches?

Venom666

I sort of think that JA was a get money quick thing for lucasarts, therefore nothing is going to be made. Now it would be nice if Raven would make a few maps here and there, every few months. Not a lot, just one or two. When a company supports a game, it lasts longer, and the community grows a LOT! Look at Quake 3, JA and JK2 were made from that engine. There are still more servers than in JA and more players. And its still being sold, the game is 4 years old! But heres the thing, there were several patches, map packs, and mods released (of course, im not sure how many maps/mods were released by ID) but still... the game is still going strong after 4 years, but JA is not exactly growing.

Doubtful, since it had the same development time that JK2 did (though some would say that this means it should have been better than it was since they didn't have to create the core content).

Raven DID make a few maps here and there (the bonus pack).

There are also other "unofficial" projects like Asteroids.

JA is made from the same engine that JK2 is. Mods are still being made and the game is still being sold last time I checked (lol).

That and the number of servers has ALWAYS been higher for JA. The number of players fluctates up and down but for most of its life (and last time I checked 2 weeks ago) it was higher for JA than JK2.

JA has only been out less than 5 months, how is it supposed to compare to a game that's been out 2 years, or in the case of Q3 5 years? That's not fair.

So you're completely off I'm happy to say!

On average most games don't last too much after 4 months, so anything any game gets after that time is gravy.

Originally posted by Prime

Dismemberment is still easy to set up. At least I have it working fine. What is wrong with the stance cycling? It works the same as before as far as I can tell, doesn't it? I agree rolling is different, but still easy to do. And that was a deliberate change by Raven, so a new patch isn't likely to return it to the old way.

The stance will get stuck to tavions fast blue in single saber, maybe you're not having any problems with it.

Most of us are.

Originally posted by GothiX

No new bonuspack, no new patch.

No surprise.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

The stance will get stuck to tavions fast blue in single saber

Well if it is cheats you are using, of course it isn't going to be supported, and Raven unlikely would do any testing for that kind of thing. It is unfortunate, but by no means Raven's fault.

I recently installed the 1.01 patch as well, and have noticed that I only have 3 or 4 lightsaber styles, where as before the patch I had all 6 styles.

Whats up, is there a fix or even a console command?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Originally posted by GothiX

No new bonuspack, no new patch.

You know, with the SDK out, its not surprising that Raven isnt working on any more stuff. Especially since they are not getting paid to do any more Jedi Academy stuff, and have new projects to concentrate on. Plus, with the stuff you want fixed, it probably will be with like the Open Jedi Project or something. The source code/info is out there to fix the bugs without the need for Raven to do it for us.

Archived