• Endor
    • Lok
    • Naboo
    • Talus
    • Tatooine
    • Yavin 4
    • Rori

Hey everyone!

I was wondering, on SWG what is everyones favourite Planet?

If you can please vote on the poll and maybe write something too? But dont worry about writing something if you dont have the time, but if you do, then please say why you picked that planet, thanks loads everyone!

Well since it's the weekend, why not? I voted "Rori", it was my starting planet and I liked it a lot. Not saying I didn't enjoy the other planets tremendously, but Rori had a different zing to it.

Good points about Rori:

- If you like swampish planets, Rori is the place for you. It's a darker version of Naboo, and even though on the galactic map, it's only the size of a small moon (smallest place in SWG)... all the planets in the game are the same height and width when you land on them.

- If you also like places where it has a low-population, and it isn't really crowded, pick Rori. With only 2 small cities on the planet, all the rest mains a mystery (with some Rebel and Imperial outposts/bases on the planet here and there). When I lived on Rori, I enjoyed it because I felt like a pioneer, the land felt more "mysterious" compared to the other starting planets (which usually had a very high population). Of course Dathomir, Lok, Yavin, Endor, and Dantooine are more mysterious than Rori, it's pretty mysterious for a starting planet. So if you want to live in a quiet, creepy, and not-so-crowded planet, but make trips to other planets to do fulfill some of your shopping needs, pick Rori.

- A good hiding place from an enemy PA guild, or some person who just hates your guts. Though the uncivilized planets such as Dathomir, Lok, Yavin, Endor, and Dantooine have more places to hide, Rori is a great place to hide for a starting planet (and it isn't as harsh like the uncivilized ones either, so you'll survive longer in the wild).

- Cloudly 24/7, I love it. I do enjoy sunny days time to time, but I prefer cloudly days mostly. But if you don't like this, switch it to the bad points section.

- Rich in certain resources (each planet has different piles), considering many people do not visit Rori often... a lot of it is still flowing in resources.

Bad points about Rori:

- You may mostly find yourself lonely at times. It depends per server, but on my server (Chilastra), it wasn't totally deserted. On the 2nd day of release, I started on Narmle, Rori. At first there were many people in this city, it was very much alive but, as time went on everyone left to "better" places so to speak. Eventually, when it came apparant that Narmle was literally a ghost town filled with many NPCs, I had to leave. Mainly since the Bazaar terminals were practically empty or filled with basic items, if I needed medical attention or an entertainer to heal my Battle Fatigue there wasn't none, and it just got awful darn lonely and quiet. Once in a while, there would be a couple people stopping by to just check out the place then leave. So, I moved to Restuss (the other city), and it was doing pretty well in Bazaar inventory and population. Noted, it wasn't as high compared to most of the other cities in SWG, it sure was better than Narmle. Restuss had an odd way of maintaining a population... at times, there would be a huge influx of people into the city, then it'll get slow again. Restuss most of the time was lowly populated, but it was not a ghost town, there were many homes and shops to the west, southwest, and south of the city anyway. So if you get lonely easily, I suggest to either skip this planet... or visit other planets often.

- Tiny hilly bumpy terrain. Much of the land around the cities and towns tends to be hilly and bumpy, so it can get rather annoying running up and down on angles. Of course, there is a mountain chain down almost the center of the map that's high up, but with flat tops, around in the south area (forgot where specifically), it's pretty flat. There may also be some other areas as well that I haven't seen on Rori (didn't get a chance to explore all of it). But you get used to it, other starting planets tend to be flat with some hills.

- Bazaar Terminal doesn't have as much of a selection compared to the other starting planets. Though on my server outside of Restuss, there were some pretty good shops, but there were some items they did not carry. So, I would travel around to other planets' Bazaar terminals and/or ask around for local player shops in the area.

Well there you have it, if you have any questions about Rori, just let me know.

- If you like swampish planets, Rori is the place for you. It's a darker version of Naboo, and even though on the galactic map, it's only the size of a small moon (smallest place in SWG)... all the planets in the game are the same height and width when you land on them.

Just to clearyfy, that's because it is a moon. :) One of Naboo's moons.

Other moons are:

Yavin IV

Forest Moon (also known as Endor like the planet it orbits)

opinions change over time. especially with me. i havent gone discovering yet :) (and i been playing since the tuesday after release:p)

it used to be naboo. my char is born there. and i loved a certain spot where we lived. after we got kicked out.... naboo just brings up old memories... so scratch naboo.

the moon Yavin4 is REALLY nice. the beaches are beautifull and i would love to live there... problem is its so dangerous

The forrrest moon of endor is nice aswell. lots of greens

But recently we moved back to Corellia. and this spot we have now... is SO nice... and on top of the mountain near our city its so.. nice and quiet. its ideal to escape tension. especially with my beatifull ingame wife :)

so for me: Corellia

In the poll, shouldn't Rori be under Naboo and above Talus? All the others are in alphabetical order.

Yeah, i was copying them off the website to make sure i had the correct spelling and i missed one out and did another one in its place and i couldnt be bothered to type it again. :D

:p *Lazy* :p

Originally posted by Neversober

Corellia is wining ?

You guys need to get out to other Planets more.... Corellia is boring and the only reason you guys probally picked it is because everyone hangs out in Coronet.

Corellia ? o.O

ey? CORONET!?? have you ever met a city thats more hellish then coronet.

but jsut because one place is bad doesnt mean the rest of the planet sucks. the northern area... just east of the rebel base.. north of kor vella. between the rivers... its amazing... beautifull :)

I like tatooine the best. For these 4 reasons.

1. It has that starwarsy feeling since all the movies had tatooine. Naboo reminds me of episode1 too much. Corellia doesn't feel like starwars.

2. It's a bright planet and creatures are very easy to spot from far way. All other planets have a ton of forest and it is hard to find enemies. Also i hate it when it is cloudy or rainy.

3. Has good hunting places like Squill cave, Fort Tusken, and Krayt Graveyard, but I don't know any other hunting places.

4. Well populated cities not too many or too little people. Not like as big as Cornet and not deserted like Rori.

Originally posted by homsarjedi

I like tatooine the best. For these 4 reasons.

1. It has that starwarsy feeling since all the movies had tatooine. Naboo reminds me of episode1 too much. Corellia doesn't feel like starwars.

2. It's a bright planet and creatures are very easy to spot from far way. All other planets have a ton of forest and it is hard to find enemies. Also i hate it when it is cloudy or rainy.

3. Has good hunting places like Squill cave, Fort Tusken, and Krayt Graveyard, but I don't know any other hunting places.

4. Well populated cities not too many or too little people. Not like as big as Cornet and not deserted like Rori.

Tatooine is indeed another awesome planet, mainly for reasons number 1, 3, and 4. It's a classic location in the SW saga, so it does feel much more SWish compared to the other civilized planets (Naboo feels like a Prequil planet, but with some classic trilogy stuff mixed in).

I'm debating whether to start on Restuss Rori again, or on Bestine Tatooine. Not a big fan of sunny days or hot climates. :p

Originally posted by Wraith 8

ey? CORONET!?? have you ever met a city thats more hellish then coronet.

but jsut because one place is bad doesnt mean the rest of the planet sucks. the northern area... just east of the rebel base.. north of kor vella. between the rivers... its amazing... beautifull :)

Actually I said the Whole planet was boring not just Coronet....I also said that the only reason people pick Corellia as thier favorite planet is because Coronet is where everyone hangs out.

Dont get me wrong I like Corellia, I am just saying that other Planets are way better :)

Personally I like Dantooine the best now. I started on Tatooine and I think that was a good decision. Tatooine is a very good place to start new characters. It has easier creatures than do correllia, naboo or rori, and the cities are just right, not too overpopulated, but populated enough you can meet new people and form groups, maybe even guilds. Check out Mos Sim and the Sim guild if you're on the Lowca Server. They're very helpful for :newbie: s.

When i advanced in the ranks however, the creatures that were once challenging on tatooine, now became easy. A tougher planet was more needed. Dantooine fit perfectly.

Starting off, tatooine was my favorite planet.

After advancing, dantooine became more my planet.

Wow everybody thanks for the advice on planets :D

I think i will start on Tatooine, i dont know which server though, any advice? The Lowca server sounds good because of that clan, im gonna be a complete newbie seeing as this is my first MMORPG and ive never played a game like this before, i have it at the moment but cant play it untill about 10 days or so when i get my broadband connection, the manual seems extremely difficult to understand but i hope my machine will run it ok, (Its in my sig + 512kbps Broadband) Thanks again everyone.

Have to say for me its Corellia :) because of the forest, rivers, mountains and snow :) yes u heard, SNOW!!

Now contrary to popular belief, I love Corellia NOT for Coronet or such madness as to be called a city of lagggggg.. Where i live is in an amazing part of the world, we even have some of the best fishing around in the galaxy :) 4 stars and NO weeds :)

Anyhow my vote was for Corellia, if you don't why, GET OUT and explore!! Try NW of Kor Vella :) go into the mountains where its green and forest, u will even see snow if u go up high enough in to the mountains :)

Good luck

Wraith 8 do you play SWG loads? Just wondering as your a super moderator, i'd like to be able to meet up with you sometime in SWG, you seem like the kinda person that likes the wilderness more than the cities, sounds good, does Starstrider have alot of lag? As im in the UK it would probably be more of an issue for me, or not?

i am from the UK, and i play on starsider.. dosnt really matter what server u play on, u will always encounter some lag somewhere :)

and to be really honest, the europe servers are far more lagggy for us brits..

anyhow, come to starsider :)

I am mayor of Cori Celesti, and we have quite a few europeans there :) and also if your not ingame as of yet, arrived to Kor Vella on Corellia, and we can show the way from there :)

have fun

Xanadu

Mayor Of Cori Celesti

Wife of Corzip Dinn (aka Wraith 8)

Originally posted by AoD_Swampthing

Well now I'm the only person who likes Dathomir?

LOL Maybe cuz i'm allied with the Night Sisters cause i've killed so many singing mountain girls. :) Night Sisters give big presents go check it out!:snow: :snow: :trooper: :trooper: :guard: :guard:

Dathomir is another awesome planet, I went there for a few days to level up in XP and gain 9,000-10,000 credits per mission on those Baz Nitch (typos?) lairs. :D

Originally posted by Lord Haine

Wraith 8 do you play SWG loads? Just wondering as your a super moderator, i'd like to be able to meet up with you sometime in SWG, you seem like the kinda person that likes the wilderness more than the cities, sounds good, does Starstrider have alot of lag? As im in the UK it would probably be more of an issue for me, or not?

first of all what my ingame wife said is true :).

to answer your questions.

yes i play SWG a lot. i played some weeks in last beta. and been playing 5 days after original release in the US.

yes i dont really like big cities. my most hated city is coronet for a couple of reasons i will not ut in here :) (maybe ill make enemies then :p) i like the wilderness yeah. no stupid players out there. :) and if you do meet someone, the skills of a doc is highly appreciated :)

im from the Netherlands. and the euro servers who are in fact no more then 100 KM away from my house lag more to me then the US servers. starsider is ok. it lags for me in the really crouded spots, but that has more to do with my ram then the location of the server.

PLease come and visit us :) INgame name (s) are: Corzip Dinn or Atex Dinn. (got 2 chars).

like my ingame wife said: Closest (starting) city near our own little township is Kor Vela Corellia. give me a tell or send me a mail :)

-Wraith 8-

Wow that sounds great, when i can get 'onto' the game with broadband i will start in, Kor Vella, and come and visit you, could you maybe give me abit of help aswell lol as this is my first MMORPG and im going to be a huge :newbie: no matter how many times i revise the manual. Lol, thanks, my ingame name will be Haine Suras, and one more question, even though its not really about the thread but how does the game save your character, are there computers etc in the game where you login, save then carry on or quit? Or do you do it through the main menu, thanks alot you guys :D.

P.S. Mayor of your own town?? Cool... :D

[EDIT:]

How much Ram do you have Wraith 8?

Archived