Home

Battlefront Testing

kc0neo

Has any one herd if they are thinking of doing any from of beta test where gamers like us will be able to help from the development process. I don't care if I even get any recognition for it I would just love a chance of making this game great and not have to complain about balance issues before the next patch, and then hop it fixes the issues :lsduel:

LucasArt appears to have a tradition of uptightness and a lack of public beta tests, although there was Star Wars Galaxies. Considering this is not an inhouse development and recent relaxation I think it is quite possible:

" Open Beta programs are further anticipated, meaning you may yet lay hands on a tie fighter without a prolonged wait. Clearly, player feedback is being taken seriously for this project. The evidence of careful faction balancing can already be seen." - PC Zone

I would hope it happens because this is more or less an online game and will need our advice and opinions. I certainly want to say a lot of things. Gotta be careful though, just because there is a beta, it doesn't mean they will listern to us as Star Wars Galaxies witnessed. :(

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

You have to remember that, whatever we say, whatever the majority of us says, it might not be dealt with. LA has the last word on anything and everything...which is a shame...they don,t leave enough freedom to the game developpers.

This seems to be true and what I have seen in the past and this might have an effect on those game that have a great consept and look great have very bad balance and net code problems all over the place. I think this can be contributed to the lack of beta testing on gamers systems so that these problems are fixed and the people that play the game will have the say and will for the most part agree with the balance of said game as well as have few glitches.

Archived