Home

Parries How does it work?

Nuke

As most of you have relized, it happens that sabers collide (whithout a block) and one of them knocks the other one a bit away and does a counter hit which does severe damage. Thats what I call a parrie. Some players allready learned how to use that behavior to their own benefit using good timing and aiming.

however, dos anybody know wich principles determine this parries? When do you do a parriie? Some players do that allmost intuitively right, but I would like know exactly how that works.

Can anybody help?

The saber attack and defense levels play a factor for parrie/repost success ratios. The higher they are, the more successful you'll be. I believe the position of the crosshair in relation to the opponent's saber plays a role as well. Of course, the faster you click the mouse/press the fire key, the better of a chance you'll have at scoring a repost.

Finally, I think there's a bit of luck involved, as saber locks seem random to me sometimes.

Hey Obi, are you a fencer or something? Not many people know about the definition of a parry and a repost.

Archived