Home

JA+ v1.8A released

slider

hi, i am pleased to announce the release of the 1.8A version of JA+....

http://www.sithalliance.com/Files/JAplus/

- Highlander FFA Gametyme Modification :Every player begins the Map with jp_highlanderStartingLives lives. (the max force rank is jp_highlanderMaxForceRank)

Each player is immortal. So, you will really kill him if his Number of lives is 0.( you will see a Quickening)

Then each kills, increases the number of lives and the force level of the player with the force level of your victime (like in the movie).

WHen you die and your amount of lives is 0, you become a ghost.

At the end, only 2 players are alive and the final duel begins.

then the map restart for a new highlander game.

- BitRate Calculator by Accident included in the ZIP Mod file: it will calculate the admin command disable, poll disable, lock team, force power disable, Emots disable, and weapon disable .

then during the game u always can use the rcon cmd admtoggle, forcetoggle or , amlockteam,

- jp_allowAmDropSaber : allow/disallow the use of amdropsaber cmd.

- Vote failed or PAssed are now based on the number of voting players and not all players. And the Results of the number of Yes/no is now writen.

- NEw DFA Improved : your enemy must be really in front of u.

- God Chat now works only in FFA

- jp_inactivityProtectTimer : player become protected after this timer in second(Works only in FFA). while protected, you make a com_link anim.

- g_allowNPC : cheat protection removed. if g_allowNPC is 0, the NPC cmd is allowed only if your admin rank allow this cmd.

In cheat servers, NPC is allowed for All execpt if g_allowNPC is 0.

- New player entering the game can't see the ghosted people any more.

- jp_allowEmots replaced with jp_emotDisallow . this new cvar represent the bit values of all disallowed emots. (add the bit values)

- start_japlus_autoRestart_dedicatedServer.bat : script that will autorestart your server if it crashes. IT Uses the raven dedicated server pack for windows.

open it with bloc note to learn how to install it.

this script will restart imediately your server only if the microsoft internet bug report is desactivated.

- fix : player now can't emot while being slept or punished. ampoll cannot be used by every players any more (only admin).

- jp_endDuelBroadcastMSG (0,1 or 2 default 1): control the broadcast of the end duel message

** 0 , no display of end duel messages

** 1 ; message is broadcasted to eveybody

** 2 , message is only displayed to the duelers.

-Admin Abuse Detection : jp_antiAdmAbuseTimer : if 0 the antiabuse detection is desactivated. if not 0, you always can execute a cmd on yourselves

without entering in abuse detection except several cmds.

Admin abuse are logged in games.log

In rcon there is no restrictions.

During this time, admin can use only jp_antiAdmAbuseCmdsNumber times an admin cmd

When u execeed the number of allowed cmds , you have to wait for the end of the timer to be able to use again other cmds.

if jp_antiAdmAbuseNumberB4ban is not 0, after jp_antiAdmAbuseNumberB4ban admin abuse detected, you are admBanned (autologout and you will not be able to use amlogin cmd)

- Player cmd amcolor R G B (concat of CHAR_COLOR_RED , CHAR_COLOR_GREEN , CHAR_COLOR_BLUE )

- Adjust several MP style damages which were too strong.

- increase the *.veh size and the *.vwp so that u can load more vehicle (max vehicle number always 32)

very promising, especially with the facelift on the mp damage, the emote bit values, the increased vehicle amount and the other polishing stuff.

keep up the great work

raven

P.S. our server is full most of the time, and we always have a great time there with people, chatting and fighting.. good atmosphere, and this is the only mod that lets us keep this up, so.. thumbs up to you slider!

Originally posted by Slider744

-Admin Abuse Detection : jp_antiAdmAbuseTimer : if 0 the antiabuse detection is desactivated. if not 0, you always can execute a cmd on yourselves

without entering in abuse detection except several cmds.

Admin abuse are logged in games.log

In rcon there is no restrictions.

During this time, admin can use only jp_antiAdmAbuseCmdsNumber times an admin cmd

When u execeed the number of allowed cmds , you have to wait for the end of the timer to be able to use again other cmds.

if jp_antiAdmAbuseNumberB4ban is not 0, after jp_antiAdmAbuseNumberB4ban admin abuse detected, you are admBanned (autologout and you will not be able to use amlogin cmd)

I think slider deserves credit for adding these features. I think all servers that are using JA+ mod AND have subadmins should use these features. The fact that subadmins can now be held accountable should help reduce the temptation for subadmins to abuse their powers when they think no one is watching.

The last man standing game (Highlander) is an interesting addition too.

Interesting.

JA+ Mod seems to be the most popular "mod" for JA so far, however I must admit it suffers from a SEVERE case of version hell.

Every version of JA+ Mod has at least a half a dozen servers using it it seems.

Too bad there isn't a way to get people to use only the latest version... maybe you should remove the old version from download sites and send a message to admins?

in general server owner are enough mature to know that all theirs admin MUSt not abuse because if they abuse playre will not come any more and the clan server die....

but the problem is that it is sometimes difficult to choose the good admin...

Some player in a clan can have a good behaviour and a very bad when the main admin is not there....

so for all clan where the server owners is afraid of the bad behaviour of their admins, i suggest to use this antiabuse system which will prevent them from killing the reputation of the server.....

Now Kurgan, it is not necessary to remove the previous version because each update improve a lot of things or correct bugs....

if Someone want to keep an old version without the antiabuse system, he may have a lot of problem that are solved in the current versions

Yeah, it's too late now, but maybe what you should have done was do internal testing to work out the bugs and then release your versions when they are almost perfect, that would have cut down on a lot of versions being out there with people refusing to use the new ones.

Basically as it is you did a public beta and you have folks using each version. So people joining will have no idea what to expect.

These admins are either stubborn or not as energetic as you are creating new versions to download each new version and put it to use.

Live and learn...

My advice to you Slider, and this may require a bit of work on your part... load up ASE and take a look at the servers using your older versions. Most servers put up an email for the Admin running it. Simply send out a MASS MAIL that tells people to get the new version (1.8a or whatever) and that should do your duty.

Otherwise these guys will just keep using buggy versions and people who join have to suffer through the crap.

A person joining won't be able to convince the admin to change, since they'll probably just be slapped and banned. But if the AUTHOR of the MOD tells them to do it, they will surely listen.

This would be a great thing to do for your community!

As far as removing files, I mean get onto Pcgamemods.com and remove the old versions. There is no reason to keep those buggy versions around is there? The latest is the BEST and MOST COMPLETE, so you would want everyone to get 1.8a, not 1.0 or something like that.

Having the old versions around just creates CONFUSION.

yes

also i make a lot of test betwwen each versions

but some problem may be hidded to my eyes an,d the eyes my beta tester

that is why now i release public beta version, full tested by the beta tester team so that i have more feed back and propose the final 1.# versions with a lot of correction and improvement

I like this 1.8A Mod a great deal Slider.

The Highlander game sounds fantastic and I can't wait to get a dozen people to play it!

The Admin Abuse system is interesting, I just have to get to grips as to how it actually works, though I don't think my subadmins will ever abuse to the extent they would require banning because I monitor them carefully and tell them to share the fun that admin allows, Mercs vs Empowered Jedis, etc.

Keep up the good work - I look forward to 1.9.

- increase the *.veh size and the *.vwp so that u can load more vehicle (max vehicle number always 32)

You do realize that it's not possible to up the vehicle limit without a client component, right? Unfortunately, due to the way the system is set up, the max defines are used by both game and cgame to create vehicles. Simply upping the limit for the server side just isn't going to work right.

Layman translation: Server side only mods can't boost the limit.

yes i know

i just realized it just after this beta release.....

however it may be usefull make the server load more vehicle...so that it does not crash cause of too many vehicle pk3.....

after each client can manage its own pk3 to unload/load only the needed...vehicle for the map he want to play...

no?

Hey slider, you realize that 50 percent of the admins that play in servers that run your mod are jerks that dont really care what anyone thinks of them? Therefor, they abuse the slap, silence, slay, and also fight empowered, and teleport when low hp to the 100 shield boost.

DIE

yes i know

i just realized it just after this beta release.....

however it may be usefull make the server load more vehicle...so that it does not crash cause of too many vehicle pk3.....

after each client can manage its own pk3 to unload/load only the needed...vehicle for the map he want to play...

no?

Perhaps, however, it would only work for dedicated servers and would be of minor utility.

Slider,

Some of us on our server are kinda curious on exactly how the jp_reduceSaberBlock works. We're not entirely certain what the number is affecting.

We've noticed impress saber blocking when the saber isn't attacking, but when both sabers swing, it's not too common to see saber contact; they pretty much pass through each other and simply hit the other person.

Archived