Home

Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here.Mod Tutorials!

T7nowhere

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tk102

You can use any variety of GFF editor to edit those files but it won't be as user-friendly as KotOR tool. Are these custom .uti and .utc files that you're having problems with? Did you download them from somewhere?

Nope. Standard clothing files (figured I'd screw around with something small first).

I do have a GFF editor, and just got the hang of it. I'll give that a go. I have what I wan sketched out in a notebook, it's just the actual coding part I'm still trying.

Originally posted by Allronix

My copy of KOTOR tool crashes for some reason when I try accessing uti and utc files. Any alternative tools that can be used to edit them?

Could be a longshot, but do you also have Microsoft's .NET Framework installed?

Also, a minor 'quirk' I've run into lately. Sometimes Kotor Tool won't "release" the resource. Try opening it again, and again, and again (sometimes it takes me up to 4 tries, but it will eventually open the file).

**note - when it 'crashes' are you clicking "close" or "continue", or do you even get a warning message?

Then that is very strange. You could try to contact Fred Tetra by PM or email. KotOR Tool is an excellent application and I hope you're able to get it to work. Although there will always be a place for GFF editing, I think you'll find it tedious after a bit. :)

• 2 months later...

An interesting little program I just read about from a newsletter I subscribe to:

Freeware: Enhanced Paint Program

If you use the Paint graphics program built into Microsoft's operating systems, you have probably wished from time to time for an enhanced version. You don't need all the fancy features (or high price) of packages like Adobe's PhotoShop or even Corel's less expensive but still a little pricey PhotoPaint, but you'd like a little more than Paint offers, and you'd like it at no cost. No problem! Some folks at Washington State University got permission and help from Microsoft in making a new version of Paint, which they call Paint.NET. It will do a lot of the things that the commercial graphics programs do. You can even use layers. If you're looking for a good graphics program but don't want to pay for it, check this out:

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.htm

Source Site (WinXPnews)

I'm not really sure how it compares to GIMP (I'm a Photoshop loyalist), but hey, at least the price is right ;)

Just thought another "Free" graphics program wouldn't hurt to add to the list hehehe :D

Originally posted by Shadow Blaze

Nice find ChAiNz. I will have to check this out and see if it is any better thatn PSP.

My first gut instinct would say "no". I personally associate Paint Shop Pro the alternative to Photoshop as having equal abilities, features and such... on a much higher scale...

BUT, it would be nice for some freebie program to come out and give the "Big Boys" a good run for their money ;)if anything, maybe something to help drive down the price of the progs :dev11:

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

My first gut instinct would say "no". I personally associate Paint Shop Pro the alternative to Photoshop as having equal abilities, features and such... on a much higher scale...

BUT, it would be nice for some freebie program to come out and give the "Big Boys" a good run for their money ;) if anything, maybe something to help drive down the price of the progs :dev11:

Lol. Well if anything I get an extra editer. Certainly will help others that don't want to get/buy those other programs though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Huiuiui, which one of all those links do I have to klick on if I want to take a Characters face (Juhani for example, or a PC) and restyle it?

If you just want to reskin the head texture, then all you you would need to do is find the texture in kotor tool , extract it thenload it into your favorite image editing app and edit away.

When your done drop the file into your override and it will override the game texture.

• 2 years later...

I need some help from an experienced hand for kotor 1 mod making.

I'm trying to edit kotor 2 but first I need help understanding how I would go about editing items, body/ faces.

But I need a detailed walkthrough for newbs and I dont know where to start looking, i have all the tools i need... i think.

But I dont know where to start modding at :(.

I would appreciate if some one were to email me or pm me and help me get started.

I need some help from an experienced hand for kotor 1 mod making.

I'm trying to edit kotor 2 but first I need help understanding how I would go about editing items, body/ faces.

But I need a detailed walkthrough for newbs and I dont know where to start looking, i have all the tools i need... i think.

But I dont know where to start modding at :(.

I would appreciate if some one were to email me or pm me and help me get started.

Hi Avarice,

There are some subforums at the top of the Holowan Labs page that contain loads of tutorials for just about everything you could want to learn to do. If you're mainly interested in editing items, check the General section.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421

Mono

Archived