Home

Radar

Mountainforest

I'd like to know how people are thinking about a radar in the game. I'll give my own opinion first:

I don't want a radar in the game, because I think the game would be much more fun if people can hide behind trees without the enemy knowing that you are somewhere around.

However, a special unit (like the jetpack-trooper) with the special ability to use a radar sounds like fun to me.

i sorta agree, the element of surprise would definately be high. but if its a large map you may get lost or spend lots of time trying to find a battle and as a result your team may be undersupplied and get killed.

it may also be unrealistic to not include radar b/c this is star wars and the level of technology is high enough for all factions to include scanners or something w/their troops. it'd be cool if they had a choice to turn it off for those who didn't want it.

Well I think we should have options regarding the radar. My favourite ftp at the moment allows host to choose 3 radar options:

1) Shows enermies and allies

2) Shows allies

3) Shows nothing

The majority choose the second option, so you lot got not much to worry about in theory.

Archived