Home

[JO] Idiotic Half-Droid *innocent smile*

Jedi_Vogel

Game: Jedi Outcast

Level: Doomsgiver Shields

Problem: Galak

Well, as the topic suggests, the Idiotic Half-Droid is beating me. Time and time again. I saw a walk through that said to

Use the Imperial Repeater secondary fire to take down the shields then primary fire to take him out

I get the shields down but I can seem to take him out and then of course the shield returns.

And as a side point, due to great positioning of large health and large shields, I start facing Galak with 100 Health and 90 Shield. Except 10 seconds into the battle I have no shield.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I tried throwing my Saber at him, but he just knocked it to the ground :)

Ah, Galak ... nice tense battle - don't feel bad, it is a tough one, and I still enjoy it quite a bit ...

First, in the cutscene, note not only do they show you the shield going up, but also a red antenna-thing that looks like what you just destroyed on the walls. Get the picture? I'll hide the answer

You have to knock down the shield, then destroy the antenna, THEN take him on for real.

Also, note the beams around the room. Make use of them, they are an easy jump, and will block shots for a bit (until he destroys them). I have played with the saber, or with guns - using the secondary repeater then the primary is a good strategy.

Mike

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

Anyway of avoiding the almost instantaneous shield depletion?

I assume you mean your shield? MOVE! Really - he can take you down pretty quickly if you are an easy target. You have to keep on the move, and use cover - he can't blow up the columns, just the cross-beams.

At a time in the game where your saber and force powers are cutting through legions of stormies like butter, it is nice to hit a run-n-gun challenge ...

Mike

Originally posted by BawBag™

An alternative would be to use force speed whilst strafing around Galak, using secondary fire on the Golan Arms.

Absolutely use force speed - you're at level 3 now, and can just move about pumping 2nd-ary fire at him from the Golan or the Repeater or whatever.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

My recommendation for when you find you really need to cheat is to use an invulnerability cheat and save before starting the battle. That way you can work on destroying him and then disable the cheat and then, if you want, go back and beat him without cheats.

Mike

Archived