Home

Hello (is one saber type more powerful?)

DarthFreak

You can't really master a saber type.

A better player allways comes along and uses a style that you never even seen before.

Just because you are efficient with a certain saber type does not mean you've mastered it.

Originally posted by Sam

Thats not true. When timed right Yellow stance is very effective against staffs and dual sabers.

Red is the safest to use until the staff/ dual user realizes that they can swing forever.

This is correct. However, as I said in my opinion you need to be a virtual god to hit it right, and if you're knocked back consider yourself dead. It's random in my opinion.

Keralys forgets that dual gets the lunge. I addressed that already. Also, very very few people can be decked by the single katas if they keep moving and don't try jumping in front of the guy if he's prone to such a thing.

Prime is correct and incorrect about lunge. As I said, normally it's possible but if they yawspin it half decently you get cut before you complete the lunge movement and you thus die.

Amidala:

And Kurgan, xMod lets you control how much Force is required\drained for all special and kata saber moves, so you can compensate for faster Force regeneration. You can prevent kata spamming by increasing the minimum Force required and the amount of Force drained for katas (and help single saberists by removing Force requirements for single saber specials) while having plenty of Force for speed, jump, push\pull, seeing, etc.

That's all well and good I suppose, but then you still have the "problem" of spamming of all other force based moves.

Sure, I suppose on a Force Disabled (except the saber moves) server this would be great, but on any other server you'd still have spamming and complaints as a result.

Then I guess you can increase the force required for all moves, but then you're back at square one. The only difference is that players will have the illusion that their mana pool is always full, when in fact they can still only do a couple of moves before it's drained.

The key is always resource management. To me, ForceRegenTime 0 makes about as much sense as giving everyone infinite ammo on every gun (just wait, somebody will make that mod, oh wait they already have!). ; )

Lathain Valtiel

You say that SaberAttackCycle (change stance key?) can be bound to mousewheel to break saber locks? I didn't know that.

I can probably count the saber locks I've been in in MP on one hand, but I thought the only way to break one was to either tap "Attack" (which of course could be scripted or used with a rapid fire controller) or to use Push (which doesn't always work).

Interesting...

You're right about "Red" swings slowing down your movement, but then a LOT of moves slow down your movement (don't believe me try a spin with just about any type of saber). The key is that Strong tends to slow you down MORE than others. With that I agree.

However a person can use Speed/Rage with any saber type, they aren't limited to just the Staff. For me, I usually find it harder to hit people using Speed (unless they don't have a saber out), but maybe I just suck at it. ; )

The biggest strength for me with singles (other than the Katas of course, which are excellent counters to the spinny moves of the Dual/Staff) is the sheer number of moves available to you. You can trick your opponent much easier and you won't fall into patterns so easily.

I won't even bother addressing the "yawspeed" issues since I never see them and that opens the whole "scripting is cheating" can 'o' worms I don't want to debate. Still, even saying that you can "yawspeed bind" the single saber moves too (Katas).

Originally posted by Kurgan

Lathain Valtiel

You say that SaberAttackCycle (change stance key?) can be bound to mousewheel to break saber locks? I didn't know that.

I can probably count the saber locks I've been in in MP on one hand, but I thought the only way to break one was to either tap "Attack" (which of course could be scripted or used with a rapid fire controller) or to use Push (which doesn't always work).

Interesting...

You're right about "Red" swings slowing down your movement, but then a LOT of moves slow down your movement (don't believe me try a spin with just about any type of saber). The key is that Strong tends to slow you down MORE than others. With that I agree.

However a person can use Speed/Rage with any saber type, they aren't limited to just the Staff. For me, I usually find it harder to hit people using Speed (unless they don't have a saber out), but maybe I just suck at it. ; )

The biggest strength for me with singles (other than the Katas of course, which are excellent counters to the spinny moves of the Dual/Staff) is the sheer number of moves available to you. You can trick your opponent much easier and you won't fall into patterns so easily.

I won't even bother addressing the "yawspeed" issues since I never see them and that opens the whole "scripting is cheating" can 'o' worms I don't want to debate. Still, even saying that you can "yawspeed bind" the single saber moves too (Katas). [/b]

Whoops, change that, I meant the Attack button bound to a mousewheel. It registers attacks so fast nothing competes, automatic victory.

You're correct about spin, I'm just saying staff and dual's overall speed loss are pretty much insignificant compared to singles in general.

You misunderstand my Speed thing. I'm referring to Speed combined with the infinite attack chain with Staff/Dual. It goes so quickly and their recovery delay is so low, say in block the first shot, and it results in a crash, I'm still recovering but they've already slashed again taking off a good chunk of health. This is physically inane when you consider dual sabers are being held in one hand each, with two hands on the hilt for singlers. As for staff's on that, the wild second blade should not allow that sort of recovery.

As for the katas and yawspin, I've addressed that in the fact that their defense doesn't par up with yawspinned dual/staff moves.

Ok yawspeed is proven to be not better than regular mouse speed, and the only time it instant kills is when using moves like the right red swing, moves that hit twice. If u still have doubts about it, u can always try it with a friend.

Then about staff. It is two stingers together. Stinger is the small blade u can use as single saber (i dont remember the comand). Thats why staff is very diferent than duals.

Staff is strong, it IS for close combat, and duals are the oposite, they have LONG RANGE for distant fights.

This is the basics, doesnt mater if the whole mayority of people/noobs use them diferent.

But anyways lots of people agree that duals and staff should have a combo limit, like red and yellow for single.

..What on earth are you rambling about?

First thing: Erm... Mouse sensitivity? Hello? There is no normal mouse speed, every mouse is different. That makes no sense. You can replace yawspin with excessive mouse sensitivity in my post, still valid.

Second thing: ...What are you going on about? So it has stinger length blades. Get to the point, the hilt size makes up for it.

Third: You can easily switch off the side and throw in a blink with staff. I've seen this. I've said that already. Get to the point, if you have one. Duals are not long range pal. Butterfly covers more ground than dual barrier any day of the week.

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

..What on earth are you rambling about?

First thing: Erm... Mouse sensitivity? Hello? There is no normal mouse speed, every mouse is different. That makes no sense. You can replace yawspin with excessive mouse sensitivity in my post, still valid.

Second thing: ...What are you going on about? So it has stinger length blades. Get to the point, the hilt size makes up for it.

Third: You can easily switch off the side and throw in a blink with staff. I've seen this. I've said that already. Get to the point, if you have one. Duals are not long range pal. Butterfly covers more ground than dual barrier any day of the week.

OMFG, rofl, i think u need to read 3 or 4 times each post before replying, u r obviously dont have any idea of what i am talking about.

Omfg i read your post again, u r one retarded mofo.

My previous post is about the diference between single, staff and duals, and the damage they do and when, so read it carefully u idiot before talking crap again.

****ing n00b tssss

Hmm.. Interesting.

1: There's nothing about damage except the 'staff is strong' thing with no clarification that isn't completely invalid.

2: You didn't say anything relating to time or timing.

3: And the difference you described is invalid because staff can switch a side off.

....Yeesh. Kurgan, how do you allow this stuff?

Archived