Home

Improved Imperial Officer Model

HapSlash

Originally posted by TK-8252

What rank skins would you plan on giving the three officer NPCs? IMO, the NCO could be the Imperial, the sub-lieutenant could be the ImpOfficer, and, well, I think you could guess what rank the Imp*Commander* would be.

I don't think that a lot of people out there are quite ready for NCO's, so I'll probably start them out with the sub-lieutenant, lieutenant, and captain. I'll include the other ranks for those who want to set it up as they see fit, but I'll probably just go with those as the defaults,...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent, but the ImpOfficer, what color will be?

Here's are pics of the rank of the sub-lieutenant, lieutenant and captain :

Sub-Lieutenant

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/cards/ccg/tanbris.jpg

Lieutenant:

http://www.emperors-imperial-army.8m.com/EIA/Images/Ranks/Lieutenant.jpg

Captain:

http://www.emperors-imperial-army.8m.com/EIA/Images/Ranks/Colonel.jpg

Originally posted by AlphaleX

Excellent, but the ImpOfficer, what color will be?

Imperial (sub-lieutenant) = black; ImpOfficer (lieutenant) = gray; ImpCommander (captain, Hap, why not commander?) = gray.

Uh, that's not the rank of a lieutenant. Only one code cylinder, on the right.

See Lieutenant Cabbel:

ltcabbel.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the lods last week, but never bothered to post about them. Here's an animated gif showing the different LODs as they appear in 3DSmax.

implod.gif

It's ready to be weighted, and I sent it over to IB so he could get started on it. I'm hoping to get something done soon, but nothing's happened so far.

As soon as I know that the weighting is getting done I'll probably start a new thread for my next project.

If you don't mind me asking, did you cut down the model and make the LOD's manually or did you use a plugin like "Polychop" (If that's the right name) for example?

Also, what are the polycounts on the highest and lowest LOD's? (Again if you don't mind me asking.)

Thanks!

It looks amazing. Another great model from HapSlash! :D

I've been doing it manually, but I've been told polychop works well,... I used it once and wasn't completely satisfied with the results.

Here are the LOD counts for the basic mesh with the 2x4 rank badge. I've excluded the extra belt boxes and holster in these numbers.

LOD 0 - 2713

LOD 1 - 2051

LOD 2 - 1095

LOD 3 - 607

In the end the new model basically works out to about 200 polys per LOD more than the default model. But, I think the tradeoff in detail is probably worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some recent info, Hap recently got back word from Infinity Blade that the Imperial Officer has been held up due to some emergency film editing he's had to get done. It may be at least a week before he can get to it, so it sounds like the Imperial Officer may be delayed for another 2 weeks.

Archived