Home

sp missions please!!!

Mercenary

• 3 weeks later...

Shadriss and Lassev have some very cool SP levels well under construction. Postman86 is working on a follow up to the only Base crawl SP level for JA released as yet. I will have one done eventually, and then there is yours and Blasters :)

Considering how long SP levels take to make, and the low completion rate for started projects - that isn't a huge number. :( 90% of the SP levels released for JO were poor, but thats got to be better than only two SP levels for JA total.

I can't really think of many ways to stimulate more SP levels for JA, short of starting an 'SP level making academy' or something! ;)

This reminds me, must write latest KMM, it will require a lot of padding again I fear...

Don't forget that there are many SP projects in progress. I'm not saying to consider mine (JtA), but I'm just saying that the projects are slow, as you said, and that they may get very good SP missions. One of the most interesting projects for SP is the JAMovie. ALthough it's not playable it must be played for SP. It's a completely scripted movie using the JA graphic engine. And consider another excellent mod: Dark forces. I think I've never seen so many projects for JO...

Yeah, Kengo, most of the JO levels were bad, but yet they were there. They offered some differentiation from the default SP campaign, even if all you had to do was get your lightsaber and beat twenty Desanns. Maybe I'm being skeptical, but there were a lot of projects for JO promising this and that and yonder (e.g. The Cloned Sith, Party Crasher), that never got finished. I hope that everyone that has current WIPs for JA don't decide to finish 85% of it and say "I'm sick of the engine," or "I don't get enough demands for me to finish it." I'm okay with waiting as long as I don't get disappointed. As long as I know they're going to finish it, I want them to take all the time they need to polish and perfect their mod. Sorry. I'm in one of my moods again.

Originally posted by Godzilla

Yeah, Kengo, most of the JO levels were bad, but yet they were there. They offered some differentiation from the default SP campaign, even if all you had to do was get your lightsaber and beat twenty Desanns. Maybe I'm being skeptical, but there were a lot of projects for JO promising this and that and yonder (e.g. The Cloned Sith, Party Crasher), that never got finished.

I agree, a lot of poor levels and a few good ones is much better than none. But don't forget, in addition to those that never got finished, there were some amazing levels for JO SP that were completed. In my opinion all of these, say:

http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=article_view&id=14

Many of those were out over a year after the release of JO because they took a very long time to complete - but I think they were worth it.

I'm pretty cynical myself about level releases, especially for the difficult area that is SP. Of all level projects announced, I'll be surprised if half get finished, so it is a bit worrying that there don't seem to be that many in progress. Having said that, some of those that are in production are being worked on by people with a track record for finishing amazing work, so thats got to be a good sign.

N3G1@, there were maybe 50 SP levels out for JO by now, JA is definately much quieter in this area, but like I said, few were, much fun. I myself am looking forward to the Dark Forces project a lot, and that JA movie as well.

I was talking about projects, not maps. My SP projects will have no-less than 10 sp maps. Another GREAT project is (as you said) the Dark forces project that will have all the DF levels (quite a lot). And you too made two SP mods too: occupation2 and Team Corellia...

BTW, I admit that (after seeing that link you gave) I've never seen 4 mods of those. I'll dload them and finish them (I enjoy more JO for the SP story, so it won't be too much different for me playing JK2 or JA). anyways, thank you.

I agree, a lot of poor levels and a few good ones is much better than none. But don't forget, in addition to those that never got finished, there were some amazing levels for JO SP that were completed. In my opinion all of these, say:

I agree. Colisseum, Resurgence, and Lighthouse (Did I spell that right? Oh well.) were pure awesomeness. I WANT SEQUELS...PLEASE!!!!!!

...I hope that everyone that has current WIPs for JA don't decide to finish 85% of it and say "I'm sick of the engine," or "I don't get enough demands for me to finish it."

Heh heh. Man, if that was the case, there wouldn't be any released SP projects. I'm surprised if there ever existed such a mapper who wasn't sick of the engine at one point or another, and on the other hand, it's lonely work, and the demand is like the demand for any consumable - it's there as long as you advertise. The moment you stop to advertise, most of the audience will either forget it or think it's dead...

I'm okay with waiting as long as I don't get disappointed. As long as I know they're going to finish it, I want them to take all the time they need to polish and perfect their mod. Sorry. I'm in one of my moods again.

Indeed. Lemme post here my old poem of the JA SP mapping:

It's a sad truth that in the once great, now sorrowful halls of single player mapping you must wander a long time before you meet someone else. And then, all too often, it's but a long dead corpse of some forgotten project that never surfaced nor saw the light of day. Yes, it's the grand graveyard of ambitious dreams and bright ideas - all crushed in the face of harsh reality.

Originally posted by lassev

It's a sad truth that in the once great, now sorrowful halls of single player mapping you must wander a long time before you meet someone else. And then, all too often, it's but a long dead corpse of some forgotten project that never surfaced nor saw the light of day. Yes, it's the grand graveyard of ambitious dreams and bright ideas - all crushed in the face of harsh reality.

This poem will be a classic.

• 4 weeks later...

I once played a sort of RPG mod style game in a lot of games, havin money and gettin houses, there being some neutral civilians instead of only bad guys and jawas.That would be cool.I luv SP but nothin is ever done, especially when JK3 SP is fantastic.

An rpg city type SP level would be cool...

Archived