Home

PS1 Games saveable at PS2?

Wanderer

Well....I bought some months ago 'Jedi Power Battles' .

I have a PS2 and the game works fine. Because of the fact that the game is made for the PS 1 I can't save games.

Is there a way that I can save my games on a PS2 Memory card?

The game is quite nice but I don't like to play it always from the start....:)

can you even get a ps1 memory card anymore? will the ps1 memory cards work on the ps2, cus if they do you could always save it on one of them. but i dont know it you can save a ps1 game on a ps2 mem. card. sorry.:( i like the ps1 a lot, but when it came time for a new console i got the xbox.

when the x-box first came out microsoft was actually losing money for each system they sold cus they put so much resources into it. anyway, ehh... i dont mind gates b/c he got screwed by the government in that whole manopoly (sp) thing. but still managed to keep a great company running. oh well....:cool:

A) PS1 memory cards & PS2 memory cards are the same physical size (I used to work at a Gamestop)

B) You probably can't buy a NEW PS1 memory card anymore, but may be able to find a used one at your local Gamestop/EB/Rhino/independent video game store

C) You should be able to save the PS1 games to the PS2 memory card

D) When I had Jedi Power Battles (Dreamcast version), I think I had to start from the begining each time, I don't remember a save option, though it has been a while

Hope that helps. Another option is looking into the new Hard Drive expansion for the PS2, I think it is out now...only problem is that may be a little pricey

And sadly the Xbox 2 will not have a hard drive with it due to the cost

PS2 Memory Cards and PS1 Memory Cards are different formats and as such, incompatiable(I still play alot of my old PSX games and when I lost my PSX memcard, I tried using my PS2 one to no avail).

Homer, a bit of warning: PS2 Hard drive is a screw job, as you also need the PS2 internet adapter, and not just for FFXI, you need it to access it(I think thats what my buddy from work said).

When I 1st got my PS2, I tried to save a ps2 game on a PS1 memory card, didn't work, I tried to save a ps1 on ps2 as well, also didn't work, if your looking for a ps1 memory card, all of the places Darth Homer sugeested would probably be where you would find it.

Archived