Home

Darth Windu's NEW SWGB2 template

Darth Windu

Hello folks, i have updated my idea (again) with a few changes, the biggest of these being the introduction of 'Generals'. Before accusations start flying, they arent like C&C: Generals, but basically super-units that you command throughout each civ's single-player campaign. There are therefore only 4 Generals, one for each civ, which are very powerful, hard to kill, have Officer abilities and can garrison almost any mech or aircraft to create a Command version. Unfortunately, my web site is giving me grief so i havent uploaded the new template yet, i'll try again later today. In the meantime, the Generals are-

Confederacy - General Greivous

Empire - Darth Vader

Republic - General Obi-Wan Kenobi*

Rebellion - Luke Skywalker

* When you read my idea, you will see why i have chosen Kenoib over others such as General Windu ;)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I was trying one of your evading methods.

If Naboo were fighting the Confed with the Republic I would not join them, but that still just explain that the geonosian fighters were in space protecting a confed ship which you still haven't accounted for.

FroZ - with the Geonosians protecting a Battleships, i really can't say much about it because i haven't seen any of the 'Clone Wars' cartoon's, but that aside, the series is pure EU anyway, and is contradicted by the video game 'Clone Wars' where the Droid Starfighters are the Confed aircraft.

Actually Windu, it isn't "pure" EU, and I in fact think it is the highest form of EU. And Froz is right, the Clone Wars game is EU, and I believe a lower form of EU than the Clone Wars miniseries. Strange that contradiction with EU should concern you, being a "purist" and all...

As for the Geonosians, the fact is until Episode III is released there is no proof one way or the other that the Geonosians do or do not fight alongside the Confederacy, so lets all put aside the flamethrowers yet again.

Well, frankly, i don't care about the Geonosians, the way i see it, they are not part of the Confederacy military and i'm not going to put them in unless there is something in the films that says otherwise.

Anyway, my newest update is available at my site now, so come on people, comment on my new additions!

1.You mention there strengths but never there weaknesses

2.Your tech leveling is not that great you have chosen these powerhouse civs and get you want to weaken them with these crappy tech levels.

3. Greivous sounds powerful but it sounds like he will dominate all your other Jedi heroes. (plus we all know my stance of movie heroes in RM)

4. Why does your buildings increase pop limit you want your clone living in the air hanger?

5.Your template is very rushed try to fill it out alot more

6. You said you would explain why you chose obi-wan where is it?

7. Wats the max pop for the civs?

8. There is no visible disadvantages like who has better troops, mechs air or jedi?

9. Your template needs a manage balance half of the things in here like a Ion Cannon........

10. Why is the Jedi starfighter the best we didn't see it do much did not fire its lasers once.

11. I thought your game was inter-galactic battles if your borders should them from landing and setting up bases then its gonna turn out to be the team who can mass the biggest air fleet.

1. They don't have any 'weaknesses'. The thing is that each civ has it's own area of strength, and things get balanced out that way, there is no need to weaken them anywhere.

2. There are no tech levels...

3. Well, first off, there will be no Heroes in RM, only in the single-player campaign. Also, the Heroes wouldnt actually fight each other, but Grievous would slaughter Jedi

4. The airbase increases pop limit because that's where the Pilot's would live :)

5. Like how? I assume you want more detail, but the problem there is that i cant, and wont even try, to balance this down to number of hitpoints or exact armour value - i cant do that and im not trying to do that

6. Because the end of the Confed campaign is the Invasion of Alderaan, and the beginning of the Republic campaign is the Liberation of Alderaan. Remember in Ep4 Leia tells Obi-Wan that "you served my father in the Clone War..."

7. It's actually in the template, it's 600

8. Actually it's pretty easy to see (to me anyway). For example, the Republic has very powerful, but very expensive, Infantry. The Confederacy have the weakest air, but they are built quickly and cheaply.

9. I'm not sure what you point is

10. Simple, because it's piloted by Jedi

11. I'm not quite sure i understand your question correctly, but anyway borders only affect where you can build structures and what resources you can collect - nothing else.

1. So a troop isnt weak against a gunship?

2. What do you exspect to limit your players with? AT-AT fireing at your base in 5mins of game time?

3. Good to hear

6. Hopefully we will have a great Ep 3 battle where Obi-Wan slices off nearly off of anakins limbs.

9. Things like a Ion cannon won't that overpower a civ?

10. Hmmm I guess it could work.

1. Oh right, i thought you meant weaknesses for the Civ's as a whole. My template outlines what units are good and bad against. An example is the Gunship, it rips apart battlefield units, but is easily killed by Fighters of Anti-Air emplacements

2. You should read the template again. In it, i state that there is an area of research called Military Research. By investing in this, you gain access to new units and upgrade unit armour, speed, firepower etc with the frequency of units and upgrades depending on the amount of Credits you invest. So, with the Empire, you would only have access to a few units, but by investing in Military Research you would gain access to the AT-PT, then the AT-ST and finally AT-AT

6. Well, i dont see how that has to do with my campaign idea, but still...

9. Nope. You have to remember that the Rebels have the Ion Canon, the Republic has the Forward Command Post, the Confederacy has the Droid Control Center, and the Empire has the Starfleet Uplink. Each is very powerful/useful in it's own right, and since each civ gets one, they wont be advantaged

10. I thought so :)

luke - actually, you havent criticised my idea at all after those few questions...

The whole point of creating this template is not to create MY perfect game, but to create THE perfect game. To do this, i would really like some (constructive) criticism from every forum member here!

luke - while that is true, the only way i can make my template better is by having it criticised, and at the moment that's not happening.

For example, the only person who has mentioned my 'Generals' idea was only asking why Obi-Wan was the Republic's General.

How do i not listen? The community decided it wanted 4 main civs, i modified my template to fit that. Vostok had issues with my 'Clone Factory' idea, so i modified that.

Besides FroZ, if you don't tell me what you think is wrong, there is no way for me to fix it is there?

Admittedly you do seem to be listening a lot more than usual.

Well I think that the four civs are in general too generic. They operate the same way pretty much. Include more information about resource gathering, population accumulation, trading (if any).

saberhagen: You're a WH40K fan? Me too. I'm hanging out for the RTS too... though to be honest I don't have a whole lot of faith it will be great...

Archived