Home

Light stage compile errors

wedge2211

These have got me stuck:

--- SetupSurfaceLightmaps ---

WARNING: Lightmap texture coords out of range: S 123.4268 > 123 || T 0.5000 > 102

WARNING: ProjectSurfaceLightmap: Chose a 0 valued axis

Later on in the compile, I see:

--- IlluminateRawLightmap ---

0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9... (40)

0 luxels illuminated

Which results in the whole map being displayed black--all the objects in it are silhouettes, with the exceptions of flares and my skybox. Looks really wierd.

The map has a global fog and a foghull skybox, I'm using an entity sun to light the map.

I checked the Splash Damage forums, couldn't find any information on these errors. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to keep trying stuff on my own...

I've had this problem recently but I just am not sure what the problem was.

I think it's one of the following:

-Lightgrid on a surface is too big so it can't be stored

-A bad model that is resulting in the lightmap going wrong

-Something else that doesn't come to mind as a result of no sleep again :)

Okay, I tried cutting up some of my largest lightmapped surfaces into smaller pieces, with no apparent effect. I've also tried commenting out any suspicious shader codes. What do you mean by "bad models?" I've got a few ASE models I just whipped up, but I did run a compile that saw them successfully...

No dice.

ydnar on SplashDamage suggested that maybe I have an invalid patch (I tried to cap a cone, or did something else that ended up with a patch as a point or line) somewhere in the map. I don't *remember* doing anything like that, and I think it would be a huge pain in the arse to track down in the map... I thought trying -patchmeta might help, turning all patches into map tris, but I still got the error.

Archived