Home

Pazaak one-sided?

PrtyLizardJedi

Really, I played against my opponent, and every time HE has the cards to get 20, he even gets them a lot without using his hand cards! Is there some kind of a difficulty setting for Pazaak? Also, I get often busts (over 20 points), like he's got say 17, I've got 16 and no hand cards fit, but I do have a 3+, so if I get 1 point card I can try to win! But I get 10, and he gets 1 and uses a 2+ hand card! Even if I get a 20, he gets too and it's a tie! This way I lose all my hand cards in the match, he sometimes loses them too, but he still has better luck!

Don't get me wrong, but I lost 10 matches a row to the game's first Pazaak player!

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

whenever i went up to a pazaak player i'd save the game then start a game of pazaak, if i won i'd decline an offer to play again and save the game and repeat. if i lost i would simply load from the previous save. its kinda cheep but i won alot of credits that way.:D

Dont worry youre not alone in cheap winning.I always did the same thing,and with swoopracers,too.But I won about half of pazaak matches I played,weak players in the beginning lost most of the time.With swoop racing,on Taris,I figured quickly that Vulkar's champ is programmed to beat my time for the first try,no matter what it is he just posts a little less.So,I the first race I waited for 10 seconds before turning the engine on and came with result of around 36.He beats my time with 35:85 or so.Then goes "you never gonna beat the time I posted,you can go for another race but why bother?" !!!ROFL!!! "- I think,sir,that I could beat your time using the pushing force of my farts instead of jet engines"

• 2 weeks later...

I actually find Pazzak a lot of fun.

The game isn't one-sided, really (I win probably 60-70% of my matches), but you need to keep a few things in mind.

1. When you start out, your deck sucks. The key to winning is having +/- cards that you get as you go. You will lose a lot if you keep to the starter deck.

2. The reason NPCs score more "natural 20s", especially as you progress, isn't just because Bioware is trying to ramp up the difficult, but because you play against guys that are either cheats or card sharks. To beat these guys - stop at 18 or 19. They usually only get 20s when you do, so stop earlier (they often "bust" if you do).

3. Mix your deck with high +/- cards. Plus/minus 1s and 2s are often close to useless. You can stop at 18 or 19 and still have a decent shot at winning. But when you're at 15-16, then it makes a difference.

The best suggestion made above is to not get greedy - stop at 18 or 19. Do that and see how many more games you'll win.

• 2 months later...

Its too bad you cant affect the outcome with ur jedi powers later on lolz.And yes the game is unfair for 1:YOU GO FIRST!!!!Your opponent always has the opportunity to pummel where you "Stand" or beat you with a 20,or just do a tie. 2:Make a deck that consists of low -/+ cards!! not crummy 1 sided cards

^^^

They are still going to have pazaak in KotOR 2 :(:(:( What the hell is the point of pazaak, they say that they can't make it so the PC jedi can wear a hooded robe because it takes up too much memory..... I have a solution GET RID OF PAZAAK that should free up some memory.... for crying out loud this really makes me mad

^^^

I thought the Darth Revan robes were hooded.

The whole point of Panzaak is money, if they raised the stakes (don't know if they are for KotOR:TSL) then there MIGHT be a point to it. After I got the deck from the guy (forgot his name) and played one game for money, I never played again ever. There was just too little money involved. Even after I got the High Stakes Panzaak MOD, I played one game of it on Taris, then never again (just sold my useless items and made some money that way).

And too little memory for hooded robes :eyeraise:? What the :swear: is that for an excuse. :barf: is what I think, but what do I know?

:fett:

*in a quiet, shy vocie*

I...I...I like...Pa-pa-pa....Pazah

Originally posted by maverick187

^^^

They are still going to have pazaak in KotOR 2 :(:(:( What the hell is the point of pazaak, they say that they can't make it so the PC jedi can wear a hooded robe because it takes up too much memory..... I have a solution GET RID OF PAZAAK that should free up some memory.... for crying out loud this really makes me mad

I think it was removed because of clipping issues, like the ones you get on hood up mods for KOTOR.

Might make it in the game though, if we're lucky.

(and spam the obsidian boards with "omgz0rs teh Ho0ds wud be teh 1337!" ;))

What makes me mad though, is that that a lot of other stuff is being scrapped because of "memory issues" .

How does custom saber hilts sound, for example? Sorry, scrapped because of the stupid x-box.:mad:

Screw that, give the pc gamers the good stuff.:D

Originally posted by TemporaryTomato

What makes me mad though, is that that a lot of other stuff is being scrapped because of "memory issues" .

How does custom saber hilts sound, for example? Sorry, scrapped because of the stupid x-box.:mad:

It sounds as if Obsidian is trying to reinvent the wheel with the hooded robes, they should just put an extra 2 lousy rows in appearance.2da add the hooded models in there as seperate items just add Jedi / Sith Robes (Hooded) as the names, whip up the 5 or so robe.uti files, and distribute them throughout the game as well as the hood down robes and problem solved!

What they are trying sounds cool but if it is causing problems then give the players the choice of which ones they want to wear, by having both of the robes as items, NOT HARD IN THE LEAST!!!!

The lightsaber handles are all seperate models and they probebly have made up a saber.2da to cover them, so I wouldn't worry about that being scrapped.

I agree TemporaryTomato, that scrapping player choices is ALWAYS a bad call!

@Darth Dex

You EVIL person, for liking Panzaak. ;) j/k. I like Panzaak too.

*activates lightsabers, (with fresh Duracell batteries :D (RedHawke ;))) in preparation for fending off haters of Panzaak (mav for one :D)*

I just never play it. Too much other stuff to do. Places to go, people to kill, and save, etc. I mean, a bar on a planet, just wouldn't be a bar, without a bar game :eyeraise: (does that make any real sense, or is it just taking up space?).

@TemporaryTomato

Completely agree.

@RedHawke

Completely agree, also.

:fett:

Originally posted by TemporaryTomato

How does custom saber hilts sound, for example?

I agree with you temporary tomato. But just think...that will give all the modders something to do. There will probably be alot of stuff we can use from KOTOR 1.

Archived