Home

Newbie Questions about Jedi

poc301

Hello everyone. I did a search on the forums, but it came back with something like 7000 pages, and after the first 10 I got frustrated :)

I bought KOTOR two days ago and began playing it last night. I am VERY impressed, however I have a few questions. I do not want spoilers, so simple answers are all I am looking for.

I am a level 4 fighter-class now, and am on Taris. I am currently looking for Bastila and am in the undercity doing my thing. However, I have seen pictures online here of people in the upper city with force powers. I began to worry that I somehow missed becoming a Jedi. I am assuming I have a lot more to do on the planet, or can go back later as a Jedi, and that is what the pictures are from. So can someone verify (yes or no please, no spoilers wanted) that I have not missed becoming a Jedi?

As for becoming a Jedi, I saw a post saying something about the Sith Academy. So I'm assuming there is a training academy to go through to become a Dark Jedi. I would simply like to know :

Is there a training academy I need to go through to become a Dark Jedi?

Is there a training academy I need to go through to become a Light Jedi?

I am hoping so, simply because that would make the game that much more fun :)

Thanks for helping me.

• 4 weeks later...

For your query about the people running around with force power on Taris, those people either used mod's or cheats or a combination of both, mods are great fun and actually increase the replay value of this already great game, however I suggest that you play the game through at least 2-4 times and at least one time Light one time Dark and one time Male and one time Female then mess with the mods which are awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by nacho35

It will be good enough for you now, but just wait...you will want some change and the mods are change for the better!

Agreed. I was almost to the point of becoming bored with KotOR, then I discovered the padawan mod and the game was brand new all over again.

Originally posted by Achillies

Agreed. I was almost to the point of becoming bored with KotOR, then I discovered the padawan mod and the game was brand new all over again.

Yup... Mods have always extended game play, for a lot of people.

And now with Achillies new weapons, Taris will just have to remain mostly Jedi-free and be a Blaster-toting zone a while longer so, for me, the Padawan Mod will stay in its folder for another long time.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Yup... Mods have always extended game play, for a lot of people.

And now with Achillies new weapons, Taris will just have to remain mostly Jedi-free and be a Blaster-toting zone a while longer so, for me, the Padawan Mod will stay in its folder for another long time.

Well, I'm not start getting all crazy and start waving my cursor around, threating to delete my beloved padawan mod....but...I do know a couple NPC's that are going to get their Jedi priviledges taken away here pretty soon. Too bad too...Mission looked good in a Jedi Robe :D

Originally posted by Achillies

Well, I'm not start getting all crazy and start waving my cursor around, threating to delete my beloved padawan mod....but...I do know a couple NPC's that are going to get their Jedi priviledges taken away here pretty soon. Too bad too...Mission looked good in a Jedi Robe :D

Mission does look good as a Jedi, I think it fits her better as well! :D

I'm working on a spawning NPC and a dialogue for that NPC to be able to make Mission a Jedi on Dantooine through scripting, then I won't have to always save and exit on Dantooine and manually add it with TK's KSE. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Mission does look good as a Jedi, I think it fits her better as well! :D

I'm working on a spawning NPC and a dialogue for that NPC to be able to make Mission a Jedi on Dantooine through scripting, then I won't have to always save and exit on Dantooine and manually add it with TK's KSE. :D

KSE...KSE....Doesn't any one MOD the game anymore? What...too good to edit a .utc file? :)

Oh that's right; Taris = blasters only.

Archived