Home

running os 9 version in osx

Beverley

I don't know much about Mac Operating systems, But I think that it is actually pretty hard (or impossible) Of course a second opinion is always nice as again, I don't know too much on the matter.

I'm guessing it's EMI, as that's the only MI game released for any Operating Sstem on the mac adn I'm guessing he's asking about laying the OS9 version game on an OSX, which I do think is impossible.

• 1 month later...

i just accquired a copy of MI4.

i use panther.. it plays in classic mode.

now the problem i had with that is that the cutscene movies do not work properly...

the audio works... but no movie.

very annoying.

so i tried installing it in OS9 as the installer actually says (didnt read the installer info the first time)

but when i try to run it in OS9 a very stupid alert message appear "MI4 can only run in thousands of colours blah blah blah change it to that"

so i change my settings... and it still doesnt work still gives me that stupid alert message

WHAT U MEAN CHANGE TO THOUSANDS OF COLOURS? IT IS IN THOUSANDS OF COLOURS!

anyway yeah... i havent helped u. but thats just my experience.

is there no patch out there to make it run in OSX?

oh and what the hell... MI and M2 were made for mac. but 3 wasnt. which is a pain in the ass.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot that MI1 and 2 were made in the days when multiple platforms were cool for games (and so MI1 and 2 were made for PC, Mac, Amiga, Atari and a whole load of other platforms of personal computer that never made it through)

That was of course due to their simplicity as far as programming is concerned (in comparison to todays types of games of course, for their time they were pretty state of the art, but easily adaptable for different computer platforms) whereas CMI uses a mixture of an advance SCUMM engine and the newly formed INSANE engine (for streaming video) whichc would all need to be modified for it's transfer onto the Mac 9of course you can still play CMI on a mac using either Virtual PC or scummVM)

Archived