Home

idea for OJP

well i been reading all the speculations about the next JK game and what could be done differently with force powers, and one thing that stuck with me the most was the idea of moveable objects on maps via force.

well this is my idea on how to get it to work

this could involve force grip- since you have to target and once gripped you can move the person whereever you like, well why not have this same concept with objects as well?

but here is the catch... not everything moves and to find a moveable object you have to use force sense as per SP

the objects themselves can be subject to destruction via direct hit with a saber depending on size or dodged, or even be blocked by someone else with a high level grip or push possibly give them the same damage as a flip kick with the knockback effects if the object connects

i am a light side user and donot condone the exploits of grip nOObing, however this method will make someone have to use 2 force powers to move an object instead of one- and i think that would make it balanced. and would add a little bit more "realism" to the game, so to speak.

with OJP i am aware they are in progress of new animations so maybe this could be something in the future for them to work on as well instead of waiting a year or so to see it come from the markets- which is highly doubtful

this is merely a rough draft if someone has something to add feel free- that is what is going to make this game live on ...

Uh, you're looking at the guy who started OJP and the webmaster for OJP ...

They've both been around here for a long time, which is why they have so many posts.

Now then, back to your idea ...

It's a good one, but I'm not sure I see the point of moving objects around - it doesn't kill anybody directly and ties up the player's movement and force power ...

I think we already discussed something similar a while ago - the idea was to make the powerups on the map (medpacks, etc) moveable with push and pull, and perhaps a new 'force throw' power. Personally I like this idea. :)

Posted by Sam Fisher

>_>

<_<

That'd be cool if I was :D

No, it would not. :p

Wudan, you need to get things straight: I AM THE webMASTER! :D

Archived