Home

First Custom Saber Screenie

Mav

PM me with your e-mail and I can send the saber to you, but as a warning the saber is completely overpowered as I was just seeing how much I could pack in there :D , but I can send it to you and it shouldn't conflict with any others, but we'll just have to see about that....LOL.

Anyway just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it to ya and if you want to change the properties you can do so with the KotOR tool and the GFF editor... provided you know how or learn how like I did!

Mav

Can u send it to please

p.s. is it upgradable

Edit: Please do not post your email or post a message requesting a mod. this type of message is better suited the the PM system as this is a one to one message which noone else would need to see.

Thank you for your cooperation.

hey tomwaz you are going to need to send me a PM with your e-mail and no it is not upgradeable, but if you need more power, trust me it doesn't need it, as it is way overpowered, besides I can't it it to work as an upgradeable item

maverick187 if your lightsaber is not upgradable then make sure to remove all the upgrade crystal properties from the uti PropertiesList, otherwise it will still show up in the workbench and if selected the saber will dissapear.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

maverick187 if your lightsaber is not upgradable then make sure to remove all the upgrade crystal properties from the uti PropertiesList, otherwise it will still show up in the workbench and if selected the saber will dissapear.

T7,

I'm having this exact problem. I created a separate crystal for the saber and added it to upcrystal.2da, however whenever I try to upgrade it, I lose it.

Also, the uti for my crystal has no entries for properylist. Could you explain what you mean?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Achilles

maverick, how did you get the colors to blend like that?

I've been messing around w/ creating a lightsaber, and whenever I try to change the saber color in the mdl, say I took an original w_Lghtsbr_005.mdl to use for mine and when changing saberpurp01 to blue01 or a custom file, the game crashes when I try to equip the saber. It only works when I don't edit the mdl. Any tips?

To T7:

I'm pretty sure that I don't have any properties in there that require it to be upgraded, because whenver I do it ruins the thing so I just take them out to save me the trouble.

To Bauer Action Ho:

Your question is a little confusing, but I'll try to answer it. Probably the best way to do it is with a simple paint program and a program that can convert your file to a tga format. Firstly I don't know if the size is mandatory but I use a 128 x 128 pixel size picture then you simply fill the whole thing in with black and you add whatever color circles you want in the middle and you save your picture as a tga.

Now the technical stuff. OK the easiest way for me to tell you how to do this is by telling you which files to extract. For the .mdl file extract the one that says w_lghtsbr_001.mdl I believe this is the one for the blue lightsaber. Now all you need to do is name your personalized color for your lightsaber w_lsabreblue02 (exactly yes the R comes before the E, or you can change the number) and then when you HEX edit the .mdl file all you have to do is change all the " w_lsabreblue01 " to " w_lsabreblue02 ". Now that should be it for your saber color. Make sure that you extract the w_lghtsbr_001.mdx file, in other words the one to match the .mdl file. Then you need to change the number in the .mdl and .mdx files to whatever you want. Let's say you change them from w_lghtsbr_001 to w_lghtsbr_014. Do this for both the .mdl and the .mdx files. Now all that is left is to edit your .uti file, all you have to do is change the modelvariation number to 14 (to match your .mdl and .mdx files). Oh and one last thing create a text document with this inside:

blending additive

decal 1

and save the file as w_lsabreblue02.txi to match your color and to make sure it is saved as a txi file. Oh and if you create your own icon for the game menu make sure it's file number matches the modelvariation number. I think thats it. If you have further questions don't be afriad to ask.

Hope this helps,

Mav

P.S. sorry it is a little wordy

Edit: Good News. I just now learnt (learned?) how to make my sabers upgradeable so if anyone needs help in that area I can help, just incase your wondering, however the saber that is in the pic above is still not upgradeable because I put no upgrade properties in it. Mav

Originally posted by maverick187

Edit: Good News. I just now learnt (learned?) how to make my sabers upgradeable so if anyone needs help in that area I can help, just incase your wondering, however the saber that is in the pic above is still not upgradeable because I put no upgrade properties in it. Mav [/b]

Yes please!!!

I'll write up my own tutorial for making a saber ungradeable sometime tonight or tommorrow and I'll post it, but as a fair warning I havn't really ever made my own tutorial before so I don't know if it will be very good....hehehe but I will try and we'll see how it turns out.

Your question is a little confusing, but I'll try to answer it. Probably the best way to do it is with a simple paint program and a program that can convert your file to a tga format. Firstly I don't know if the size is mandatory but I use a 128 x 128 pixel size picture then you simply fill the whole thing in with black and you add whatever color circles you want in the middle and you save your picture as a tga.

I did this now, thanks.

Now the technical stuff. OK the easiest way for me to tell you how to do this is by telling you which files to extract. For the .mdl file extract the one that says w_lghtsbr_001.mdl I believe this is the one for the blue lightsaber. Now all you need to do is name your personalized color for your lightsaber w_lsabreblue02 (exactly yes the R comes before the E, or you can change the number) and then when you HEX edit the .mdl file all you have to do is change all the " w_lsabreblue01 " to " w_lsabreblue02 ". Now that should be it for your saber color. Make sure that you extract the w_lghtsbr_001.mdx file, in other words the one to match the .mdl file.
I did this to the letter.

Then you need to change the number in the .mdl and .mdx files to whatever you want. Let's say you change them from w_lghtsbr_001 to w_lghtsbr_014. Do this for both the .mdl and the .mdx files. Now all that is left is to edit your .uti file, all you have to do is change the modelvariation number to 14 (to match your .mdl and .mdx files). Oh and one last thing create a text document with this inside:

blending additive

decal 1

and save the file as w_lsabreblue02.txi to match your color and to make sure it is saved as a txi file. Oh and if you create your own icon for the game menu make sure it's file number matches the modelvariation number. I think thats it.

I've done all of these things and the game still crashes when I try to equip the saber. Can anything else be wrong? Thanks for all the help.

Also inside the mdl file, do you need to change the w_Lghtsbr_001 file to the new number (014) or not? I didn't.

I don't know why your game crashes if you send me your files maybe i can check them out for you and for the other question don't change the w_Lghtsbr001 to anything in your .mdl file I believe that, that it for the hilt of the saber, not sure.

Originally posted by Achillies

I'm having this exact problem. I created a separate crystal for the saber and added it to upcrystal.2da, however whenever I try to upgrade it, I lose it.

Also, the uti for my crystal has no entries for properylist. Could you explain what you mean?

@ Achillies check your pm's I told you what you need to do to fix it.

On the second part You do not add properties to the crystals you add them to the lightsaber uti all Lightsabers (accept Malaks and the sith saber) have upgrade properties for the normal sabers there are 28 each property will give each upgrade crystal different values, these can be changed to whatever you like. The properties for the crystals is in the PropertyList in the saber uti.

Originally posted by Bauer Action Ho

I've been messing around w/ creating a lightsaber, and whenever I try to change the saber color in the mdl, say I took an original w_Lghtsbr_005.mdl to use for mine and when changing saberpurp01 to blue01 or a custom file, the game crashes when I try to equip the saber. It only works when I don't edit the mdl. Any tips?

@Bauer Action Ho I hope you have checked your Pm's. I answered your question as well. The only reason that I can think as to why your game crashes is because your models are corrupt. What hex editor are you useing to edit the models? If you need a good one try this un out http://download.com.com/3000-2352-8675667.html?tag=lst-4-5 it's free so that always good.

I'll write up my own tutorial for making a saber ungradeable sometime tonight or tommorrow and I'll post it, but as a fair warning I havn't really ever made my own tutorial before so I don't know if it will be very good....hehehe but I will try and we'll see how it turns out.

There are already many great tutorials on how to do most things that can be done with modding Kotor. But if you feel there is a void in the knowledge of what has been posted in this Forum then please add to it. I would however like to remind everyone that if possible refer to other posts as a knowledge base and to your in which you reference it any information you feel is lacking.

I will now refer to a post omong other that are kept safe in stuck thread Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here.

this post will teel you how to add new properties to an item(however it does not explain how to add upgrade crystal properties, but if you take a look at one of the exsisting saber uti's im sure you'll catch on) http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122916&highlight=light+sabers

There are many more great resources that can be found if you search.

I hope I have hepled. :)

Originally posted by T7nowhere

@ Achillies check your pm's I told you what you need to do to fix it.

On the second part You do not add properties to the crystals you add them to the lightsaber uti all Lightsabers (accept Malaks and the sith saber) have upgrade properties for the normal sabers there are 28 each property will give each upgrade crystal different values, these can be changed to whatever you like. The properties for the crystals is in the PropertyList in the saber uti.

T7,

I did see your PM and followed the instructions there. You mentioned in another thread that mistakes in the crystal.uti can fry the mod, so I'm thinking that may be the case. Interestingly, I

"giveitem'd" the crystal and both the crystal and the saber were blocked out in my inventory (where all the items are listed, not where you change weapons, etc).

I'll start over and see if that works.

Archived