Home

ATTN: Keyan (Need a new PC?)

Wildstar

Continuing the thread from the "Player Strategy" forum.

It's not that. It just randomly freezes after about 10 minutes of use. It's the heat, I'm pretty sure, since I can get it going OK when I leave the cover off the case. I just need a new PC, really.

I was faced w/ pretty much the same situation recently. However, the CPU fan was completely dead, so running it w/ the case open wasn't really an option.

As they don't make CPU fans for original series Pentiums anymore, I had to build a new machine using as much of the old system as possible. As it was, I had to get a new motherboard, CPU (with fan), memory, video card, and a 30 GB hard disk (in order to get Win XP Home loaded), all in a new case. All told, I spent $350 on the project (my best friend kindly donated the memory, video card, and operating system, and being that a new system was in my plans anyway, I already had a PS/2 keyboard and modem for it. BTW, because of a video driver problem, I ended up upgrading to an 8X AGP card a couple of months later).

I usually get my parts here, and the prices (including shipping) are reasonable. They also have prebuilt systems, in case you lack the tools and know-how to build it yourself.

Let me know how you make out.

Archived