• Rebels
    • Empire
    • Royal Naboo
    • Gungans
    • Trade Federation
    • Confederacy
    • Republic
    • Wookies

I thought you only got these threads at SWGBH. ;)

All the civs are pretty much the same in the first 3 tech levels except the TF who suck because of the carbon penalty. Even then there are some small but significant advantages to each civ (eg rebel farm bonus, confeds free basic training).

They get more different in T4. GE is generally reckoned to be the easiest to play. Naboo are theoretically very powerful but harder to play because they lack HMDs, heavy art and repeaters.

Vostok I have played each of them inside out for over 2 years. There is little difference between them.

Empire is probably the easiest to play because they excel in all unit types. Best mechs in the game, decent troops and hvy weapons. People have argued that Gungans are equally if not more superior than GE....

Gungans and Ge are the best all rounder civs.

TF don't just suck because of the carbon penalty they suck cause of there no prefab. For those who are confused and think this is a blessing........ Prefabs are used to block rushing and hold choke points and to make the enemy have a one way entry where you can set up your defenses. Tf is the most vulnerable in T2 because the only thing they have is a light wall to block with.

Froz, I too have played the civs inside out for two years, and while the differences are minor between civs I don't agree that once you can play one you can play them all.

A perfect example is your own comment on the Trade Federation's weakness. It's a difference the other civs don't have to deal with. You can't just play every civ exactly the same, though they are very similar.

EDIT: It's spelled Wookiees Nitro, not Wookies. Sorry, pet hate of mine...

Archived