Home

Scripting Tutorial

RoxStar

To accompany KENGOs tutorial, go here and look at some definitions. This site, along with KENGOs help and mslafs examples, I have managed to figure out how to do some scripting.

map-center

KENGO....or Lassev...anyone with script experience, can you tell me what the last line is here for rotate?

rotate ( < 270.000 270 60.000 >, 1500 );

Is it distance in grid units in Radiant? If so that's what I need. But sort of doesn't make sense if you are using ref_tags....then you wouldn't need distance right?

[EDIT]Whoops! Forgot LINK for TUTORIAL =P[/EDIT]

Originally posted by lauser

KENGO....or Lassev...anyone with script experience, can you tell me what the last line is here for rotate?

rotate ( < 270.000 270 60.000 >, 1500 );

Is it distance in grid units in Radiant? If so that's what I need. But sort of doesn't make sense if you are using ref_tags....then you wouldn't need distance right?

You mean the number you marked in red? It's the time taken for the rotation to happen. Ref_tags and rotate can also be combined if you target the ref_tag to an info_null (or something else) to get angles. Then you can snatch those anges in the rotate command. That can perhaps help visualize the end result.

BTW. Although it's fine and proper to use all three vectors of the rotation (if you can figure out the end result (I burst my brain trying to)), you will get screwed up clipping with brushes. So, if you are rotating something solid and something the player has an access to, be wary.

Considering rotation it's also interesting that the move command, which accepts two vectors, is not using the values for start point and end point. Rather, the first vector is end point and the second vector rotation. This is redundant to the separate move and rotation commands, of course, but can possibly be handy now and then.

Archived