Home

cmoncmoncmoncmon...

Ack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahah! I don't post on this forum a whole lot but here I go!

I'm now considered full-time on the MOD I've got this neat little setup in the family room where I can continue to work on the MOD about 8 hours a day, eight hours! I'm extreamly devoted to this mod and getting it out the door to the community/fans. Heart and Soul man.

yes, FatSpider is right. The closer the demo comes to an end, the more does the team work :D

It´s like: 90 % of the work is done, but it seems like there´s still 90 % left (and this has to be done in one or two weeks).

Getting a release done is the hardest part in this project - well, that´s what I remember about it ;)

thank you for your fantastic work, i'm sure that the mod will be the best !

It is very difficult to wait , recently, each time i go on the site, my heart made "boum, boum", and my hands are trembling !

excuse mybad english...

screenshot are very impressive and the mod is better than 6 month ago.

i wait...

thank you !

hum,... one question :

it will be possible to play with the saber with the cheat ?

...an interesting proposition.

However, without the source it would be a little difficult to add new cheat codes (at least for the SP-based demo).

Of course, the standard JKA cheat codes would probably still work, I believe, but it would be interesting to see how they translate to our demo...

Sounds like a bullet-point for our testing crew!

:lsduel:

Yes!!! why not for the fun ? Of course, after playing normally the demo.

the code for saber is (whithout the quote) :

'give weapon_saber'

and with my PC, i have already made the experience on the first demo,... power rank 2 for the pleasure. Try it ! Please !

My real life has been put on hold for the next five weeks, (work and college). Doing work on the mod keeps my mind off the leg and I enjoy mapping to a fault, I'll start at around 9:00 and work untill around 4:00-6:00 depending on how I'm feeling.

Last Friday I got to see an X-Ray of my leg after the surgery, the Doctor had gafted seven screws into my lower Fibula and a plate to make it all stay togreather. Which was quite shocking because orginally he was only looking at putting in around two or so.

I spent one night in the hospital and was back on the Mod Job the next morning with lots of pain killers. Currently I can spend a whole day without bothering with them, which is good. The doc says I am a fast healer so I got that going for me.

>Update<

The Sewers map is in stable playtesting, are you ready?

• 3 weeks later...

to the DF mod team

I didnt know what thread to post this in so I put it here. First I'd like to say that I think you guys are doing a great job and I completly understand any delays you guys have had (after all we wouldnt have the mod at all without you), and patiently await the second demo but I would lihe to make a request,(not by any means do I intend this to seem like a demand) I dont know if it will be different in the 2nd demo or final mod, but the first demo was a little hard even on easy, I could beat it no problem but at that difficulty I hate to think what the later levels like gromas mines, ice station beta, the executor and the arc hammer will be like. Given modern controls I dont think it should be as easy as the original game (though higher difficulty levels could remain just as hard) but on easy I think an average gamer should be able to rush through levels like the secret base and after the massacre with at least some degree of recklessness. In the original dark forces pretty much all the levels were a breeze to go through(even with the terrible controls ie. no mouse aim, the arc hammer only gave me a little bit of difficulty on easy, I usually didnt die even once). So in my opinion it would be best to make the enemies do a little less damage or better yet make them easier to kill.

PS: I also think that the pic of the assault cannon model looks a little short, it should look more like the profile picture in the options menu in the original game, which looked more sleek and cool IMO. Anyway great job guys

So consider this request from someone who truly appreciates your mod

Great site Ackehallgren I personally think that Kyle katarn is the most uber FPS character ever created, the only one who comes close IMO is the Master Chief from Halo, each would be better at different things, ie. the master chief is probably stronger and faster and can take a helluva lot more punishment and though he can supposedly junp quite high he cant jump 150 feet or hurl lightning and push people down without touching them, but the MC's abilities are amazing give he doesnt have force abilities, though Kyle is probably overall capable of more i'd say that all things considered they probably tie(and Katarn also has a somewhat more interesting story) but nice site anyway

Archived