Home

How to get re-used to JA/JO after KotOR?

Demolisher

I'm serious, after playing Knights of the Old Republic, I am horrible at Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast now...well most shooter games now. I'm not used to having total control over the player's moves along with jumping and crouching. In KotOR, it's "point to badguy, kill badguy this way, and hope it works" whereas in the Jedi Knight games you need L33t H@x0r :duel: ski11z :rolleyes: to get every single move right.

Anybody else have issues like this and if so, how do you get around it? :giveup::headbump

It is really a question of how to re-acquaint yourself with FPS after playing RPG.

I know that I went through the same thing ... after playing lots of NWN and the two expansions and KotOR and BG2 and ...

But I found that playing an ol' familiar game helps. I gave up PC games for Lent this year, so when I came back I played a '2nd anniversary run' through JK2. That helped - the early levels are a FPS bear, then after getting the saber you get to practice everything else. Then I was ready for other games ...

Now I'm trying to strike a better balance - but it is had when most RPG's are 60-ish hours and most FPS are 15-ish hours long ...

Mike

Archived