Home

Favourite Unit?

Just because I can I thought I'd ask everyone what their favourite unit in the game is. I'd say my favourite is the Naboo Bomber. Their fast engines make them not as painfully slow as other civs. Once you research Taxation, they are pretty cheap too, and when massed in a swarm there are few ground armies that can stand up to them. Just ask Saberhagen's huge assortment of anti-air mobiles I made short work of in our first forum game. Of course they need to be supported by fighters or enemy fighters will easily get rid of them.

So what's your favourite unit from SWGB?

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

Just ask Saberhagen's huge assortment of anti-air mobiles I made short work of in our first forum game.

They're not saying much cos they're dead. ;)

AT-ATs are overrated. They look good, but they're not worth the res. One on one, and with good microing, a mounty can own an AT-AT. I've even killed them with repeaters. With the mass MDs that you get in nearly every game, they don't stand a chance.

As for my favourite unit... Rebel repeaters are pretty damn good, and AT-STs. I might go for confed heavy art, because it's powerful and it looks good. Although the wooks have the best art, it doesn't exactly have the best graphics, does it?

dude are you high?

I agree they are so excellent that they are LAME.
I guess that answers your question!

My other favourite unit is Jedi Masters. They are great for distractions, sneak them in to someone's base and start coverting stuff at the back, then when they send their force to deal with them, attack the front! Of course, after their first use your opponent will mass Bounty Hunters, so if you don't destroy their base with that attack you can't use the Jedi again...

*rubs eyes*

Is that Kryllith? From way back when? Gasp!

BTW, Froz, does anyone in your "inter" games realize how easily a-wings go down? As a reb player, I find that going all a-wings, unless I have complete aerial and land superiority is just asking for half my air force to be shot down. I usually mix it up, fighters and a-wings.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Mounties are great but if you know your wing has mass troopers in t2 mass air/strikes in t3 there is no point in getting them. Scouting is always essential :D

Well who the F would send in an army of all ANYTHING?

I don't even play SWGB anymore it died a while ago.....

A-wings do most damage in 3v3 or 4v4 so your partners dominate the air while your destroying the enemy economy. I know how easy A-wings are to kill if you can hit them, they kill 20 workers before you can shoot the first one down.

You said mounties are great to cover your back in t2 and t3 but if your opponent goes troopers/strikes/air they won't be covering anything. I only build them if my partner goes artillary, mech destroyers or sometimes a t2 mounty pocket rush is fun to do once in a while.

Originally posted by FroZticles

You said mounties are great to cover your back in t2 and t3 but if your opponent goes troopers/strikes/air they won't be covering anything. I only build them if my partner goes artillary, mech destroyers or sometimes a t2 mounty pocket rush is fun to do once in a while.

Covering? Hell I full on attack with them! It's the same as a fast guy with a sword. They have a decent attack amount, have 135 HP in t2. and shred buildings, specifically power cores and turrets.

Mix in a decent amount of troops and you're golden. They draw the fire of the other troopers leaving your troopers free to attack theirs. So your go unharmed and can then attack workers, while the mounted units can go for buildings and the like.

If your opponent goes strikes, they'll handle them because you should be outnumbering them if someone fast T3's. And if they tried a fast T3, they should be without a power core when they get there anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I second The Mighty Ewok. If no Cheats, I like the AT-AT and the AT-TE

Best Strategy 4 T.L. 4: 1:Get alot of resources 2:Build 12 Assault Mechs (If U cant afford 12, Build 7) 3: Build 100 (count em) Repeater Troopers, 5 Jedi Kns, 5 Jedi Mstrs, 5 Workers, and 5 Medics 5:Load the Troopers on 10 of the 12 AMs, and load the Jedi onto 1 of the 12, and load the Ws and Meds onto the last AM. GO AROUND PEOPLES BASES AND KICK SOME @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name 4 Strat.: Blitzkrieg

Archived