Home

What happened to Outcast???

KommisarPHD

No wonder your whining about pulling and backstab, play Jk 1.04 and then shut up.

1.04 is a different game completely. You'll never catch me playing that PoS.

Fine for them to make a patch to fix problems, but change the entire physics engine in the process and you've got an entirely new game.

Wtf @ 1.04's version of DFA + Wtf x2 @ 1.04's version of a saber physics engine.

lol, 1.02 is a joke. If you enjoy someone turning in the air while dfa'ing and the saber not even having to hit you to kill you, then you're welcome to it. Not forgetting to mention the broken combo chaining and the bug where you can have all force powers at once. Yeah, 1.02 lol.. gg hf. You must just be one of the bitter players who refused to adapt to the updated and above all, FIXED and REPAIRED gameplay.

Originally posted by vert1go

lol, 1.02 is a joke. If you enjoy someone turning in the air while dfa'ing and the saber not even having to hit you to kill you, then you're welcome to it. Not forgetting to mention the broken combo chaining and the bug where you can have all force powers at once. Yeah, 1.02 lol.. gg hf. You must just be one of the bitter players who refused to adapt to the updated and above all, FIXED and REPAIRED gameplay.

Firstly, people who use high sensitivity to dfa are complete idiots. They totally uncoordinate their strike and are dazed for seconds after dfa'ing. For a skilled opponent, an enemy who does this can easily be killed. I've duelled near 10000 times since I came back online about a month ago, I haven't seen one person do it. I think they learnt their lesson that it's no effective.

Granted, some still use high sensitivity for backslash, but it generally only hits you once anyway and it's your own fault if you get backslashed.

High-sens dfas just don't happen anymore in 1.02.

Secondly, I have no idea what you're on about with chained moves. Yellow and Blue styles do them rather standardly and predictably.

Predictability is a bad thing also though. If the enemy knows what you'll swing like, they can counter your angle.

Thirdly, I dunno about that force power cheat. I've had it myself a few times, never been able to replicate it and don't really think it affects the game that much because it isn't widespread at all.

Fourthly, 1.04 is a nerfed Jk2 for n00bs who didn't like getting backslashed and dfa'd by far more skilled players.

Originally posted by HiveRougie

10000 times since I came back online about a month ago,

High-sens dfas just don't happen anymore in 1.02.

Fourthly, 1.02 is for n00bs who like getting backslashed and dfa'd by far more players.

10000 times. Right. No one can duel that much.

Erm, yes it does.

Let me edit that paragraph.

A couple of points:

With regards to being a "N00B", heh. Yep, after all this time, I've finally felt flush enough to drop the change on this game. Feels good to have a new game, lots of new aspects to explore, no boredom yet, all that. Being a JKII "N00B" is fun.

In gaming, I've been playing since I stumbled on something called "Pong" in 1975. Asteroids, Joust, and a lot of others followed. Many Quarters lined up. PC's lagged behind Arcades for many years in graphics before taking the lead.

Online gaming for me started kinda late, in 1996 with QuakeWorld. I well remember playing "hide-and-seek" in supposedly FFA servers and berating newcomers who spammed grenades like diarrhea. So the notion of "honor" as a grass roots movement among players, staking out new turf against the grain, is no more new to me than gaming itself.

Uptight was the word that jumped out at me when I got berated for plunging in (with more than a single beer in me, I must admit) sabering everything in sight for my first online JKII game. I took that approach out of the exhilaration of using a saber on real players for the first time; doubtless inconcievable to folks playing an ageing game like JKII, but hey, it takes all kinds. That's the philosophy that made me take a step back and play it thier way, if only to give it a chance.

I like it, but not for all occasions.

Furthermore, there is a dimension to honor that seems to be lacking: noblesse oblige. Where are the charitable knights helping the padawans learn the techniques that will help them to survive? Where is the reserve, the refusal to rush to snap judgements, the willingness to believe that today's padawan can be tomorrow's master? I don't believe mastery begins and ends with how one uses a saber. Mastery begins in the heart.

HiveRougie stated that this thread will not solve the issues or change minds. Doubless this is true insamuch as one expects to move one's opponents- but- "there is another."

If there is a fashion of combat that is being under-served in the JKII community, build it, and they will come. See if you can't cultivate allies amongst server admins, or heaven forbid start one up! If you really have the numbers, start up a thread for recruiting like-minded warriors.

The "honor" crowd being reviled has built something for themselves - the best revenge is living well: build your own. If you don't have the vision or the gumption to create the environment you want and need, you are the whiner, not them.

I say this as a friend; I'd like some more variety in the server scene. But as the saying goes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Thier servers belong to them: find or roll your own.

Originally posted by RojaN

Furthermore, there is a dimension to honor that seems to be lacking: noblesse oblige. Where are the charitable knights helping the padawans learn the techniques that will help them to survive? Where is the reserve, the refusal to rush to snap judgements, the willingness to believe that today's padawan can be tomorrow's master? I don't believe mastery begins and ends with how one uses a saber. Mastery begins in the heart.

And that, I believe, is the root of the problem. I honestly think "honor" servers wouldn't get such a bad rap if they tried to be friendlier and more understanding towards other gamers. The problem is that so many of them are run by people who just want to run their own little virtual world where they're a dictator, ruthlessly humiliating and crushing bewildered newcomers who were never explained the server rules. Such behavior poisons the minds of some gamers, who try to impose the same rules on competitive servers. Now I understand that not all "honor" gamers are like that, but too many of them seem to fall under that generalization.

Quite honestly, if "honor" servers were just more understanding and if they limited establishing such rules to their own servers, there wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Btw, welcome to Lucasforums, RojaN.

Archived