Home

Full Throttle cancellation information

Rapp Scallion

Well, there's two things:

When was FT: Hell on Wheels cancelled

and

I think I can remember something about an explanation of the cancelling of FT:HoW. I don't know where I have read it, but I know I have seen it. Was it in the LucasArts newsletters?

I remember a comment from someone (the creator of the game?)that said that the game was bad, and that it wasn't true to the spirit of the first game, and that they kned that the gamers would be disappointed. Something like that. What was it?

By the way, I haven't seen any further explanation of the Sam & Max: Freelance Police cancellation...:mad:

They are pretending it never happened! Let's tell them what we feel (savesamandmax.com). Make the world never forget it.

-Rapp Scallion

Originally posted by Rapp Scallion

Well, there's two things:

When was FT: Hell on Wheels cancelled

and

I think I can remember something about an explanation of the cancelling of FT:HoW. I don't know where I have read it, but I know I have seen it. Was it in the LucasArts newsletters?

I remember a comment from someone (the creator of the game?)that said that the game was bad, and that it wasn't true to the spirit of the first game, and that they kned that the gamers would be disappointed. Something like that. What was it?

By the way, I haven't seen any further explanation of the Sam & Max: Freelance Police cancellation...:mad:

They are pretending it never happened! Let's tell them what we feel (savesamandmax.com). Make the world never forget it.

-Rapp Scallion

No icecream for LucasArts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember the date the announcement came out, but the game was cancelled by way of a press release from Simon Jeffery, the president of LucasArts at the time. He said the game wasnt coming along as expected, and they didn't want to disappoint fans of the original.

Had you looked in the Mojo game database, you would have seen that all of the Full Throttle 2 news (including the cancellation press release) is consolidated here, on the Full Throttle Hell on Wheels page.

Originally posted by Jake

Had you looked in the Mojo game database, you would have seen that all of the Full Throttle 2 news (including the cancellation press release) is consolidated here, on the Full Throttle Hell on Wheels page.

Yeah, I did look. But only after the cancellation announcement date... Thanks for the information (needed it for a new LA complaining mail ;)).

-Rapp Scallion

Archived