Home

SWGB2 template update - Planets

Darth Windu

Hi people. I've updated my SWGB2 template (available at my website) which now includes what bonuses you get when you conquer certain planets. I've tried to include all film planets and the more important EU planets, so please tell me what you think.

I think it could cause a bit of trouble, so basically if 2 players have exaclty the same skills it could all come down to the random choice they get giving with there planet bonuses.

They could all be a bit unique like half of them have strategic army bonus and I have no idea what that means... they get better attack,defense,speed? who knows.

Ok, the idea is that certain planets are worth more to the players, as they are in the SW universe, and so you get various bonuses depending on which planets you control.

As for strategic armies, these are like in RoN which you use to bolster a systems defences or to attack a system.

I didn't ask what are bonuses I said it will create probelms if you get a crappy planet and the other player gets a great bonus.

With the strategic thing you are still not explaining it well. So it lets you build faster to bolster your defenses?

Seems fine to me, pretty much the same advantages and disadvantages that you encounter in any map-based campaign, particularly one based on RoN's Conquer the World.

Forgive my Purism being more devout than yours, but what it Muunlist? And, like most EU things, how the hell do you pronounce it?

Vostok - correct. As for Muunlist, i have no idea how to spell it but as luke said it's part of the Clone Wars cartoon so i figured it was as good as any.

FroZ - each player starts at his or her capital (look at the Homeworld) or, if in free-for-all palyers would recieve a random planet which is just luck of the draw. Generally though everyone's Homeworld is as good as everyone else's.

With strategic armies they are used in the turn-based portion. When you have these armies, you move them around the Strategic Map. Putting a strategic army on one of your systems means you have a better chance of holding it if attacked, and to attack someone else's system you move one of your strategic armies to that system, at which point the game switches to RTS.

Hi again folks. While my SWGB2 template is unchanged, i have now posted a very basic template of a SW Space Combat RTS. At the moment, due to it's similarity with my SWGB2 template, i'm deciding if they should both be incorporated into a single game, or left as two.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Archived