Home

A classic bug returns

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Yet again, exiting the gaming world is possible with this new publish, which as normal... has made the game unstable.

You will see me inside a cloning centre but there's no walls.

DMUK

Hasn't happened to me, yet. Truth be told, I have not had many of the problems that some you people say are constant glitches. The only one I've experienced, really, was the one where you repair your vehicle, store it, then when you regenerate it, it is still broken. They fixed that with publish 9.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ive just found this

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Techsupport&message.id=149579

And all i can say is that Sony should be ashamed of themselves. Basically blaming the user for ANY problems with the game. Shocking.

classic quotes:

'Crack in the MB or the connection to the PCI bus causes something to lose or gain electrical contact as the board warms up under load. It is also possible that your mb is not properly grounded to the case'

'Crashing due to faulty/ bad hardware or voltage/ tempature problems.

Please note that crashing or locking up can be caused by faulty or bad hardware, which can be very difficult to troubleshoot without physically being at the computer. If possible you can try swapping different hardware components such as RAM, video card, etc. to find if one of the system components is bad. In addition there are some programs available that can test different aspects of your computer such as memory, your CPU, and your video card.'

All the above is total rubbish. Theres a 1% chance of any of that being a problem for games crashing. In most cases, its where the computer doesnt meet the system requirements.

I am stunned at some of this. Really am. The coding of the game is still screwed in alot of parts and they know it. No one likes to admit they are wrong (yes they were wrong b4 with the problem i was having)

Just check out the Tech support forum and all those poor souls!

DMUK

That's laughable. You can tell the person who wrote that understands nothing about the interface between hardware and software. Trying to sound technical when they are ignorant is quite pathetic. Must have been a Gateway computer technician.

SOE also hosts EVERCRACK, do they have many problems?

Originally posted by Darth MarcII

Hasn't happened to me, yet. Truth be told, I have not had many of the problems that some you people say are constant glitches. The only one I've experienced, really, was the one where you repair your vehicle, store it, then when you regenerate it, it is still broken. They fixed that with publish 9.

ya me and my friend both complained bout this, glad they fixed it.

only major bug i even had was on Dantooine, missions didn't pay, but they fixed it!

I had a bug like that before. But this was the howle star port. I could see the shuttle standing in Coronet in the middle of nowhere. I could also run straight thrue the invisible walls and all the way to the shuttle and fly away :)

Archived