Home

Help, my computer has an extended shutdown time after installing JA

Gray46032

If you're trying to install an illegal copy of the game, don't. Go out, buy the legal version, and install it, THEN do the upgrade. It should work without any problems from there on out......

If you don't have an illegal copy, then good, because a pirated version is crap.

Originally posted by ibuycoke2

Because if I have to do a restart it takes forever.

Takes forever? You mean like 10-15 mins? Try comparing the speed now and before JA. If there is a BIG difference, then theres actually nothing you can do.

Just did a complete reformat of my computer about a month ago. Here is my system specs

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

System Model: Dimension 2400

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.40GHz

Memory: 510MB RAM

Page File: 206MB used, 1042MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

You could try using that cool utility for WinXP (TweakXP?). I don't remember the name, but you're supposed to be able to get rid of a lot of unnecessary processor usage with it...

Have you used it? This is interesting, because if I hit alt+ctrl+delete and check to see what my CPU is running, i have like 5 svchost.exe being run... taking up like 30 MBs of my RAM. It was the same on my last computer too. Not to mention GuardDog.exe is loaded 2 times... (Mines Win XP 512 RAM 2.8 Ghz) so im not really worried about this, but everyone can use a little more CPU power, and free RAM.

Archived