Home

KotOR Fund Raiser

Achilles

Ok folks,

Fred Tetra has politely asked for assistance over the last several weeks.

The situation:

Fred Tetra needs a new hard drive.

The reality:

Every single one of us has benefited in some way from the hard work that Fred had put into KotOR Tool. No exceptions!

The proposal:

If Fred can recieve/confirm $100 dollar or more in donations before August 1st, I will donate an additional $50 dollars to the cause.

In other words I will match $.50 to every dollar that is donated to Fred Tetra over then next 8 days (up to $100).

Fred needs our help and I think that we should make every effort to support the man that has done so much to help us make KotOR mods possible. Please do your part to help. The time to act is now!!!

Thanks,

Achilles

Let's see an 80GB HDD runs about $65.

3 people have already donated to Fred. I think he could cover the rest. ;)

It's one thing if Fred just wants to be reimbursed for KT but he should just say so. Saying that $ is needed for a new HDD is kind of a weak excuse. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tk102

Let's see an 80GB HDD runs about $65.

3 people have already donated to Fred. I think he could cover the rest. ;)

It's one thing if Fred just wants to be reimbursed for KT but he should just say so. Saying that $ is needed for a new HDD is kind of a weak excuse. :rolleyes:

If it the drive was only an 80, I'd be close, but still short some $$. Unfortunately, it's a 300 that's the problem, and it didn't come with a 3-Year warranty. The problems come at a bad time for me, as I've just moved and don't have money to spare, so I just put up with the drive as it is and have moved a lot to CDs until I can replace it.

Something to remember is that I haven't asked for donations, I merely indicated that folks could make them if they'd like to help me out. If I felt that I needed to be reimbursed for KT, I would ask for a shareware or similar fee, which is something folks are supposed to pay (though few do, in my experience). I may yet.

If I were asking for donations as payment under the guise of needing an HD, that would be in pretty poor character, indeed. In my case, I'm just in a bad postion and if folks want to help out, great, (and thanks to those who have!) if not, well, that's fine too.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

If it the drive was only an 80, I'd be close, but still short some $$. Unfortunately, it's a 300 that's the problem, and it didn't come with a 3-Year warranty. The problems come at a bad time for me, as I've just moved and don't have money to spare, so I just put up with the drive as it is and have moved a lot to CDs until I can replace it.

Something to remember is that I haven't asked for donations, I merely indicated that folks could make them if they'd like to help me out. If I felt that I needed to be reimbursed for KT, I would ask for a shareware or similar fee, which is something folks are supposed to pay (though few do, in my experience). I may yet.

If I were asking for donations as payment under the guise of needing an HD, that would be in pretty poor character, indeed. In my case, I'm just in a bad postion and if folks want to help out, great, (and thanks to those who have!) if not, well, that's fine too.

Fred, i dont believe you can make your tool a shareware, that has a problem because you are doing a tool on a game that isnt yours. And it is in my experianse that it is illegal to prophit in any way on someone else's idea.

Just pointing that out.

Sorry I've been away folks, just put out a new release of our software at work, so not much time for HLabs.... have to do the stuff that pays the bills, you know :)

I'd like to thank Gsccc and ReLoaD2K for their pledges of $10, and Jedi_5002 for the pledge of an unspecified amount.

Also, I'd like to thank an a donor who wishes to remain anonymous for his/her pledge of a donation of $75(!) - Thank you!

Finally, in a move that has given me the ability to resume Kotor Tool development, I want to thank CDR_Seadog for his very generous donation of a 120 GB Seagate drive!!! This brings me to almost half the capacity of the drive I am looking to replace! As such I have enough room for my projects that pay the bills and Kotor Tool.

Thanks to Achillies for his thoughtfulness in starting this thread and his kind "matching funds" offer, too!

Fred Tetra

• 4 weeks later...

Achillies,

I want to thank you for your matching the pledges from Gsccc and ReLoaD2K ($10 each) and the pledge from a donor who wishes to remain anonymous ($75) with your own contribution of $50.

Thank you for your continued support of my efforts with Kotor Tool.

Fred Tetra

Archived