Home

My Forum RPG

RpTheHotrod

Hey guys, a good friend of mine and myself are starting an RPG...GMs and all. The story line is coming along well and we'll be starting this Wednesday.

The forums are locked up until release day...but we got a lot of stuff setup.

Overall...the RPG fuses magic and technology together. My friend plays the magic realm, while I play the cold-hearted technology world. Both sides made "peace" but are slowly trying to rid the other out of existence.

I have a lot of conspiracies and tricks up my sleeve....sooooo

Check it out, and make sure to sign up this Wednesday! :D

MAXIMIZE your browser so you can see the navigation on the right.

Please note we are still working on a few things until Wednesday.

http://www.ephemfantasy.tk/

Delayed till the 1st. Some new forum abilities are being installed.

Here is a sneak peak of some of the things you'll need to know.

Important Information 14x14 .gif

- We STRONGLY encourage you to have your own story...and to make this RPG come alive. This is your story, not the GMs. We made the setting. There will be plots and subplots. There will be events, as well. However, don't sit around and wait for a GM to do something. Go on, use your imagination. If you do well enough, the GMs may even have a subplot revolve around YOUR doings!

- GMs have admin characters, but also have access to sub-characters and NPCs. Sub-Characters are like mini-bosses. These make the game more interesting. NPCs are things GMs create. NPCs range from anything like guards, to computer AI. If an area is broken into, a GM may send a squadron of guards to secure the area.

- You can have up to THREE characters. Please note...players that are playing different sides MIGHT not get access to the more "secure" information concerning a side.

- When it comes to interacting with a GMs property or another player, you can only attempt. You ATTEMPT to shoot at Player 2. There is no "I shot you." When it comes to GM property...like the Unanicom Offices, you can ATTEMPT to break in. However, things that the players have built are entirely do-able as long as the owner has allowed it to happen. Please respect other player's properties. You can attempt to break into Player 2's building, and if he feels his security wasn't high enough, he can say you succeeded. If you own a place, and another character of yours wants to break in...he can. YOU are the owner of it, so YOU gave consent. If no one owns it (ie...in YOUR story there was some building...you are the story "owner" of it. As long as it's not overpowered...it's fine to do whatever.

- There are guards throughout the city who will watch for illegal activities. If any suspicious activity is seen, you MAY be scanned for contraband. If found, you will be penalized for carrying illegal goods.

- Goods that are illegal range from weapons that have been illegally modified, to stolen or smuggled items.

- Weapons infused with technology and magic are banned by the Unanicon Corporation. They wish to control such powerful weaponary.

- If your crime punishment is beyond paying a fine, you may be held in prison for a time. You may stay your full time, bail out, or have friends attempt a rescue. Penalty from prison may be losing the ability to travel, or having reduced posting rights. You may also lose income.

- When starting, you may choose to remain neutral, be for one side and be a citizen, or be for one side and an employee/soldier of that side. You will be able to change this as the storyline continues.

- When going from one location (forum) to another...when leaving a place, mention where you are going. When entering a place, mention where you came from.

- You can earn credits per day by having certain professions. You can also gain more credits via missions and trades with other players.

- Powerful items can be obtained by earning GM tokens. These tokens are rewarded as a gift by the GMs.

- The GMs and Advisors are here to maintain the storyline, and to through in some events to make it interesting. Feel free to expand and build storylines with your friends. Your imagination make a lot of the story happen. Just make sure it doesn't contradict the storyline. (ie...no thief will just break into an admin secured area...and no one can simply declare they take control of Unanicom.) Start your own business. If you wish to make some credits off of it, get with a GM and clear it, and it will be set up. Fight gangs with your friends...or start a rebellion. As long as it will maintain and fit in the storyline, it will be accepted. GMs will decide if it is allowed or not.

- If you mistakingly do something to corrupt the storyline, the GMs will do their best to "erase" what you did. However, purposly doing so will result in prison time ingame or a ban FROM the game.

Archived