Home

A little reorganizing...

JekRendar

Are you sure? Because ever since TS was adopted, GuildChat is near to empty. In addition, it could be that the aforementioned hunts were being planned in TS and are secluding those that can't have TS. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Vette mission planned via TeamSpeak?

Actually it has been like that for a while before we got TS, and it has only been improving since about the time Baboo offered us a TS server. I have been sending tells to people who were but not in guild chat, to promote more talking in guild chat. As for the Vette mission, I believe there is a topic on it... I wasnt there for the actual hunt so thats all I can say about that.

Easy to say, when there is no open invitation. By not posing an open invitation, you are secluding individuals and dividing the PA.

When I send out a guild hunt invite, it is either a spur of the moment, or I send it to active members. No use in sending it to every member of the guild If I know they only log in and delete it... even though its as ez as typing "guild". I dont consider you an active member..

When was I mocking Imps? If I recall, you did come to the Rebel Base and you and Ges were talking about how much fun it would be to come down and gain mucho FP.

I went up there for a visit when I was on Iwok.. which btw you tried and killing me when all I wanted to do is see if the guys would attack me. You always say how we should come up there and try and kill you.. I was just saying to Gesro that we could kill that for FP, which we could.

You know what, Iwok, you aren't any better than Neoc! You think you know someone, you have some fun, chilling and hanging out in-game, they use those times against you! Iwok, you are nothing more than a back-stabber...gee, just like Neoc! I thought I could trust Neoc, but I was wrong. Don't let me be wrong about you too, Iwok.

First of all, Neoc isnt the horrible guy you make him out to be.. but I wont get started on that.. And me a back stabber? Im sorry, but your gonna have to clearify yourself on that one...

make me leader!

For the last time Jek, NO!

heh

Back-Stabber my ass..

You know it isnt constructive critisism when everyone who reads it feels offended..

If we all thought it was constructive critisism we wouldnt have flamed you.

I stick by my original post.

Whew. Okay, I'm going to chime in only because several months ago, DS had these same issues come to the Inner Circle. We decided on several things that have made DS what it is today, and quite frankly, I don't think it's ever been better for us.

1) Group hunts is not so much an issue of lack of planning as it is of lack of teamwork. This is not an insult, it's what we've found to be true. The game too often leads us to grind alone and we get into a horrible habit of continuing such after the grind as well. How do you fix it? We implemented a mentoring system which requires a new player to have an experienced player in a similar profession guide them through the grind, help them with funds/supplies, teach them the tricks of their profession and even help set up their hot keys and key binds.

I can't take credit for this idea, we actually got it from REIGN. We try to pilfer the best ideas from other guilds to make ours stronger.

2) Guildchat was a rough one for us. Also one of the reasons we only use TS for PvP. However, in the end, we found that requiring leaders to be in /gu whenever they were on and also requiring that everyone report in when they log, has greatly improved /gu. Now, unfortunately, we suffer the opposite. There are nights I don't even leave the guild hall just shooting the breeze in /gu. Guess we can't have everything.

3) Non-issue in my eyes. A PA city is as it is. Yes, you may want visitors or residents that are not of the PA, but it's a lot harder to attain. Allies moving into your city can easily help here. Offer to sponsor some smaller guilds into your city. You would be amazed how many small cities are not even on the map and are seeking a real city. As far as it being PA controlled.... um.... yeah. Not changing in Tenebrae. We like OUR city so it shall remain OUR city.

4) Democracy doesn't work. Period. In an online environment the constant change you mention will tear apart a guild. Not the wisest of moves to shake things up every 3-4 months. We are in an entirely different situation in DS, so I don't proclaim to be entirely abreast to your current situation. It was decided long ago, we were to be an advised dictatorship, and that is probably the one thing that has never changed in DS. It works, when done properly. I alot my leaders a lot of power, and truthfully, only override the poor choices or large decisions. You would be amazed how many different facets of the game you could actually make and officer for. Political Affairs, PA Librarian, Military, Merchantile, Intelligence, Public Relations, Events Coordinator.... the list goes on and on. Leadership is probably one of the hardest aspects of the PA to set right. I find myself constantly deciding if I need a new officer position to coordinate a particular aspect of the game. Also, all of my officers are alotted lieutenants to aid them in their duties.

Anyway... I'm rambling again.

• 2 weeks later...

*tosses Valium to the thread

Whoa! I've been out for some time thanks to my burned computer and I come back to see everyone is already taking knifes and rocks to hit everyone?

Don't make me start using the spanking table.....

I've been a member of the -A- since April i think, thanks to Wraithy who allowed me to be in after a year of forum trolling around here, I think I'm the member who have the rank of contact since a long time ago, and that's cause I'm not online a lot as Naja, I have a toon on scylla that takes almost all my time, she's of the Outer Council in her guild and have a nice hig rank she must care about, but all i can say about Cori Celesti, the -A- and our leaders is that they have been doing an awesome Job, I've seen Xan lots of times, Xan or Zennor, tons of time and I'm from America (not a US player but still from the same continent :p) I always need to delete all the hunting teams emails tebra sends after weeks of have them and when they already happened, Jan and wraith yhave been doing a kickass job as leaders and I think that a council is not needed (yet).

If everyone says you should be online more to investigate about the guild it's because of something :)

Archived